• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! I cannot open or import previous projects last opened in March 2020... after del. all cache!!!

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have a large documentary project I spent the last two years working on which I opened previously in March of this year. I do have a dozen or more iterations of the project file in various stages and I can't seem to get any of them to open or import.

I have tried deleting my media cache files (all of them) and importing into a new project and I have also turned hardware acceleration off. Do I need to fall back to an older version of Premier Pro. This is literally two years of work that I cannot lose and need help to get these files to open.

Any suggestions… Anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help,

SS

PS if I need to install an older version of Premier Pro could someone advise me as to the steps required to do this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version do you have now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi salvo34,

I am running version 14.3.1 (Build 45). Any assistance ou can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

SS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard that if you start a new project in new version and then import an older project (made on older version) it sometimes fixes stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is similar to someone looking for tech support and saying 'my computer doesn't work'

Ah... is plugged in, the switch on, etc...

Mac or PC? What steps are you taking, when does it fail. What are you expecting to happen and what does happen at this point or that... Any error messages, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you tried any autosave versions?   You might try disconnecting the drive the contains your media and see if you can load the project.  If you can, reconnect the media drive and relink slowly til you find the problematic media file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines