Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Premiere Pro won't import the full video file

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP!

I'm trying to import my footage into premiere but its only importing pieces of each clip. For instance, I have a 27min piece of footage that premiere imports only 2:28mins of. Just so you understand the full context of the situation, I have created proxies for all the footage I wish to import in Media Encoder.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Steps 2B and C below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. I am trying to import 17 min clips I captured using my elgato device into premiere pro and it only gives me a minute or so of the footage, plus when I try to use it it crashes the entire program. Thing is it imports some clips Ive captured just fine, while others not so well. They playback fine and completely in VLC or Windows media player. They are captured as. Mp4 files

It's kinda sad that a video editing program has issues like this. Maybe a switch is in order

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to provide some details on how the clips were created and could you please supply us with sample clip(s) that have this issue? This will help us investigating the issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The video that my friends and I are using for our podcast comes via Skype. It is MP 4. I might add that this happens in Adobe Media Encoder as well.

0225191217_Burst01.jpg0225191218_Burst01.jpg0225191220.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to supply us with some sample file(s) that reproduce the issue? This would be greatly appreciated and help us with the investigation.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. It has happened like 5 times already where only 5 seconds of a 20 minute video import. It is getting quite frustrating as I have redone the videos thinking it was a problem with It. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines