• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i edit a video exported from premier pro

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  A few weeks ago I created a video with premier pro and exported/published it. Now I want to open it and edit it.  I can't seem to find the orginial project and get a message that files have been moved, which is fine.   Can't I just open the exported video into Premier Pro and edit it?  I just want the last 45 secs of it.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

If you have the exported video file you can import that into Premiere and drop that into a sequence and export something else. Unless you exported a high quality master file I wouldn't necessarily recommend going that way as you're compressing it again, but if you've gotten rid of your original footage it might be the only option you have.

Things to note just in case:

- Premiere Project Files do not embed the media that you import into them, it only references the media on your hard drive. So

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the exported video file you can import that into Premiere and drop that into a sequence and export something else. Unless you exported a high quality master file I wouldn't necessarily recommend going that way as you're compressing it again, but if you've gotten rid of your original footage it might be the only option you have.

Things to note just in case:

- Premiere Project Files do not embed the media that you import into them, it only references the media on your hard drive. So if you've imported video files and made an edit, then you deleted all the video files from your hard drive, Premiere no longer has those to reference and you're going to get a media offline message for all the media you deleted.

- An exported video from Premiere does not function as a Project File. You can't just open that back up and see your edit points. It's now a self-contained video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I edit the original project that I've exported? All the editing options are blanked out. If I need to edit a video project (for a video I've already exported), do I need to start the video from scratch again? Help please....

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines