• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I slow down the velocity of (movement of edge burn/damage) the ROUGH EDGES effect in clips?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make an interview clip appear old, worn out, dirty, burned and damaged. I am using the ROUGHEN EDGES effect to achieve this goal. I also have a few other layers on top to aid in this appearance (LIGHT LEAKS, OLD FILM GRAIN). The effect looks great, however, the movement of the roughen edges effect around the perimeter and across the surface is disturbing because of the incredible speed all the dirt and filth moves. I would like to slow it down so it gracefully and subtly moves just a bit. Is there anything to do to the settings to slow down the movement without slowing down the entire clip? The effect is part of the original layer, so slowing the whole thing down will not satisfy my goal. Attached are photos of the clip including a detail shot and the settings in the effects control window.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're animating the seed - I think you want to be animating the evolution property instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, please use the image insert button, otherwise we have to download your images to view them.
Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 15.22.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines