• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change your name on the start-up window of the newest Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use mostly all of the adobe programs for my class and I notice in the newest update (I just noticed this for the first time recently? So it must be new? and also I googled it and no answers to fix this?) and on the window that prompts whether you want to start or open a project it says at the top above suggestions/tutorial, "Welcome to Premiere Pro, [my birth-name]" I opened all my other programs to see if they also welcome using my birth name which I hate and the only other that has it is After Effects, used in also the same exact place (start/open project window). My adobe account (this one I'm posting with) has the name set to my preferred name and I looked in the preferences of Premiere/After Effects but still couldn't find a way to change it. So I'm asking if there is a way to go into the build to remove this welcome or did I skim over the option to change this in preferences/my Adobe account or because my Adobe are under my class organization do I need administrator help (I can ask them if I do need admin account help but they probably don't know how to change this without an helpful answer to this question)? 😞 very important because it's very embarrassing seeing that name in class with all my peers near me.

Premiere Pro Version: 14.5    After Effects Version: 17.5

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing you need to change Public Profile in your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sadly, my public profile has the right/prefered name. Might be the class management of my account who has permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this to change it:

1. Log in to your Adobe Account.
  2. Change the account name under Profile.
  3. Save the changes.
  4. Log out and close the web browser.
  5. On the computer, launch the Creative Cloud app and log out.
  6. Re-start the computer.
  7. Launch Premiere Pro and log in when promted.

Now i get "Welcome to Premiere Pro, Test" instead of "Welcome to Premiere Pro, Roger" and "Welcome to After Effects, Test" instead of "Welcome to After Effects, Roger"

I could not get this screen dump in another language than Swedish, but hopefully it will give you a hint on where to change.

Averdahl_1-1605796404234.png

Averdahl_0-1605796305974.png

ae.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines