• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make captions from a written script?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm making captions for a video on Premiere Pro 2020. I have all the text already written in a docx file, so it feels like there should be a way to make use of that, without having to type it all down again. The file doesn't have any timestamps or anything like that, just plain text.

Is there any way to let's say import the text into the Premiere as a caption and then slice and time it from there? Or any other procedure to save me some time, since it is already written down?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PR does not have that feature yet. They are reworking the caption workflow in the public Beta, but it is not ready for primetime. And may or may not have that function.

I would use Subtitle Edit (or some other third party caption tool). I'm not sure if it will import the word file, so "save as" your .docx as a text file. Import and set your timings there. Then export .srt and import to PR.

I your are doing anything other than burning in Open Captions, you need to pay closer attention to some settings.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines