• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove this judder?

Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,

Unfortunatelly I have got some juddered footage. Must be some smartphone camera fault. However, I have to make the best of it. Anybody has some idea, how to remove this judder?

Warp stabilizer did not work, even with maxed out parameters, which is because not the video needs to be stabilized, but the timeline.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Thanks to all of you for your help - I really appreciate it! Finally I got time to work on it again. I solved the problem with a little AutoIt Script, which sends Shortcuts to Premiere in a loop: 13 times the right key to jump to the 14th frame, then "I" to set the in mark, "O" to set the out mark and in my case "Ä" to extract the marked frame. Then again 13 times the right key ...

For $i = 1 to 200 Step +1

For $j = 1 to 13 Step +1

Send("{RIGHT}")

Next

Send("ioä")

Next

That did the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot. Its a bad recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there might be duplicate frames, the person seems to jump back before continuing forward, try going through frame by frame and cut out the 'jump backs'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's this?

I went through roughly and quickly and pulled the jump back frames:

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 6.00.21 AM.png

If you spend more time on it you could probably make it better.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks Med and Richard - you are right! I took a closer look at the frames and found out, that exactly every 14th frame is a jumpback frame. Cutting every 14th frame out, nesting the clips together and then applying the Warp Stabilizer makes the footage very useable. The problem is: The footage is more than 10 minutes long. I really do not want to manually delete thousands of single frames. Is there any way to automatically cut every 14th frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the problematic source footage? Is it possible to get the original footage again and try to re-ingest into your system, to see if you can get the repeating frame problem fixed that way?

If it is from a smartphone it very likely is variable frame rate footage, which does not work correctly in Premiere Pro. You could try running the source file through Handbrake Software (free) and converting the footage to Constant Frame Rate.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could export the footage as an image sequence.

jpeg sequence 2.PNG

Then remove every 14th frame from the stills sequence.

Jpeg sequence 1.PNG

I'm sure there is some software that will do this automatically.

After removal you will have to renumber the stills to make the jpeg names consecutive again. Import back into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 min x 60 sec x assuming 25 frames = 15.000 jpegs......

That is a lot of jpegs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I din't say it would be easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable time remapping in after effects.

Alt click stopwatch

n = 14; // skip every nth frame

frameToSkip = 0; // 0,1,2 ...n-1

currFrame = Math.round(time/thisComp.frameDuration);

currFrame += Math.floor((currFrame - frameToSkip)/(n-1)) + 1;

framesToTime(currFrame);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all of you for your help - I really appreciate it! Finally I got time to work on it again. I solved the problem with a little AutoIt Script, which sends Shortcuts to Premiere in a loop: 13 times the right key to jump to the 14th frame, then "I" to set the in mark, "O" to set the out mark and in my case "Ä" to extract the marked frame. Then again 13 times the right key ...

For $i = 1 to 200 Step +1

For $j = 1 to 13 Step +1

Send("{RIGHT}")

Next

Send("ioä")

Next

That did the trick after some time

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines