Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open Premiere PRO 14.5 and older versions

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed the last version Yesterday, it never finish to open the software.

Si I unistalled it and loaded the previous version, and it works but when I close it, it never finish to load again... So I installed the 14.5, it works and... etc.

I need help please 🙂

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Please let us know the system specs (OS, CPU, GPU & RAM). Also, are you getting any error code or error message at the time of launch?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ERROR code... It just show the loading window and it freezes on it endlessly...

Im on Windows10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I used 14.5 for months without issue. I updated to 14.5, now it won't launch. I reinstalled 14.4 and it won't launch either. I have editing deadlines and I'm dead in the water! Windows 10, 64GB RAM, intel i9 processor, 1TBssd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant that I had used 14.4 for months before updating to 14.5 over the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. Went through a process with Adobe support of unistalling, resetting permissions, repairing system files, etc. Nothing has worked. I've tried going back to different versions, but it still won't load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK @mfergus  I did exactly the same...

@William5CC9:

I found a way to open the previous version (14.4), it doesn't work all the time but it works !

Don't click on the descktop shrotcut or CC shortcut, but OPEN one of your Project !

If it freezes during opening, open the task manager and shutdown the app, then wait for few minutes (coffee break) and open a project.
- I unistalled the 14.5 and installed the 14.4 (I insist on uninstalled )

- And I open a project to run the 14.4 version

I Hope it will help you guys !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add something =

If you close the app, you might have the same freezing problem, so let it run during your break !

And it crashes sometime... So don't forget to save 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. This is absurd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I eventually got it to work. I had to uninstall and re-install 3 times and then it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem that started with the 14.5 update I've uninstalled, reinstalled, went back to 14.4 and still same thing.  It just won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines