• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just downloaded Premiere Pro and all it does is crash after a minute

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I just started my 7 day trial of the creative bundle because I want to try premiere pro and after effects (davinci resolve user). I am running a 2950x 16 core thread ripper, 128 gb of 3600 mhz ram, Strix 2080 ti, 500gb nvme m.2 ssd and 2 8tb iron wolf hdd. I generally film on either a gopor hero 8, iPhone 11 pro, iPad pro (2018) 11 inch, cannon eos m50.  I tend to shoot in 4k 24fps. what could be causing the practically instant crashes? I do not want to pay for something that does not work. Please help. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, if I'm missing something, but what is your graphics card?  does it meet premiere specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

are you getting the crashes before you import footage?  iphone footage is usually variable frame rate which can cause all sorts of problems

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will check out the links. the graphics card is the ROG Strix RTX 2080ti. (this card is on the premiere specs sheet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I use Filmic pro when filming on the iPhone and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

answer the question "are you getting the crashes before you import footage?"  This will hopefully tell us if the issue is something related to the media or not.   If it's after you import the media, try working with just the material shot on the Canon at first.  The canon is probably the closest of your various sources to a professional video format.    Not that your other sources aren't often used in professional environments but there can be issues and sometimes you might need to transcode to a more friendly format before working with them in premiere.  Premiere also has a great proxy workflow that can be a little tricky to get your head around but is usually rock solid when mastered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly have just been trying to follow the tutorial. I haven't tried to import anything yet. within 30 seconds to a minute of opening Premiere Pro and clicking on start tutorial, Adobe has encountered an issue and closes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I am having the same issue with Potoshop. Maybe nothing with Adobe works. Period. If it takes me all 7 days of the trial to get anything not to crash, I am not giving adobe any of my money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the vast majority of users don't have these problems.  Might be something wonky on your system.   Do you have any peripherals connected besides keyboard and mouse?  If so, try disconnecting them.  You might also disable wifi or pull the ethernet cable to see if that makes a difference.  You might have other software installed on your system that's creating conflicts.   You might try creating a new user with administrative privileges and see if that makes a difference.   Worse case scenario, you might want to do a clean install of windows and then reinstall creative cloud.  

You might also try installing premiere 2019 and see if that makes a difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so I have un-installed and re-installed premiere pro and all other apps I downloaded, I have tried to turn off the using of the gpu (which is a completely stupid work around if it works), restarted the pc, but I am not going to un-install and re-insttall windows in hopes a program will work when everything else I use works perfectly fine. Premiere pro still crashes with in a minute of start up and trying to load the tutorial. I also used handbrake to encode my videos, I am at the point of canceling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, so after 4 hours of trying many different things included trying all of the past versions of premiere pro, I contacted Adobe and they remoted into my computer and tried tthemselves. they felt I needed to re-install a fresh version of windows. I played a little more and it appears that I do not need a clean re-install of windows. it is an issue of having premiere pro running and my GPU monitoring application (ASUS GPU Tweak 2). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines