• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest PP multi monitor issues on Win10: Fullscreen capped at 1080 on main 4k monitor + waking issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing game breaking, but annoying nontheless:

I have a two monitor setup connected to a rtx3080. One is an ACER ET322QK 4k 10-bit display over displayport for my playback window and effect/source that is set to be my main display in Windows settings. My second display is a cheapo Sceptre E22" 8bit HD display in verticle orientation that I use for pancake editing two timelines simultaneously. Not sure how much of that info is relevant to my probs.

The first issue is that I mapped "F" to fullscreen the program monitor. This only works when the entire program is on my main display. When I try it with my multi-screen setup it pops out in a borderless window that isn't scalable, locked at 1080, which is about how big my program window is on the 4k screen. It means I have to use another layout to check for 4k detail.

The other issue is a bug that when my PC wakes from sleep, or monitor shutting off it resizes just the 4k window by pushing/squishing the whole thing to left, almost as if it were trying to match the verticle layout of my secondary monitor. Only takes a sec to fix, but annoying enough to come here for help.

That's all. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that setup, the Premiere UI window would need to be on the 'main' monitor, Windows of course "extending" to the other monitor, and you would need to make drag the timeline panel over to the other monitor and size it appropriately saving the workspace.

Is that what you've done? As is you simply drag the edge of the Premiere main window over to cover the other monitor's space, Premiere will be rather confused.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've got the main window, with drop down menus and layout panel on the 4k display, with my timelines floating in the vertical 1080 monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if that's Premiere being wonky with monitors ... it has that unfortunate capability at times. I would suggest posting this on their UserVoice system. That's their direct input to the engineering team.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, forwarded to UserVoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines