• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask vs Cropping when using Ultra Key

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always first cropped my green screen clip, then applied the ultra key.  Recently I tried using a mask instead and the result seem to be better.  Should there be a difference in the results, or was this just a random event?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we have no indication of what your timeline/effects controls looks like this is a wild guess:

Dont use a mask from the Crop effect but rather from Opacity.

Sometimes it matter how effects are stacked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My typical workflow would be to bring in the green screen clip and the background at the same time.  The green screen clip is 4K and the background is 1920 x 1080.  I then would then resize the green screen clip, crop the clip, and then apply the ultra key.

What I "seemed" to notice is that if I used an opacity mask, the quaility of the key appeared better - ESPECIALLY - if I did not bring the background into the timeline until after I applied the green screen.  I tried this same sequence change with cropping and it appeared better.  So maybe, it has something to do with the timing of the stacking of clip and background rather than mask vs cropping.

Or maybe this is just a random difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines