Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

minimum system requirement

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have a laptop and im planning to buy  Adobe Premiere Pro not sure if this software will work on my laptop

Asus X407U QUAD i5 8th gen 8GB 1TB nVIDIA mx130 14in FHD

Intel QUAD Core i5-8250u 1.6-3.4GHz Processor

8GB DDR4 Memory

1,000 HDD Storage

120 SSD

2GB Dedicated nVIDIA GeForce MX130

2GB Total Intel Ultra HD Graphics 620

14" (1920x1080) Full HD Resolution

Thank you

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good enough for video editing, I'm afraid. That laptop is already two full CPU generations old to begin with. Worse, its discrete GPU dates all the way back to 2014 (as that MX130 is based on a Maxwell-architecture GM108 GPU that debuted alongside the GM107-based desktop GeForce GTX 750 and 750 Ti), and completely lacks a hardware encoder at all whatsoever. Worst of all, it is equipped with only 8 GB of RAM - total. And when QuickSync encoding is called into action, it steals more than 6 GB of that RAM just for itself, leaving you with effectively less than 2 GB of available RAM for everything else including Premiere.

In other words, what you picked will end up living up to its reputation as a choker under pressure. That is, that machine's performance will die out badly in the middle of a rendering job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a free trial of premiere so you can test it.  I've got everything working on a 2012 macbookpro with some minor issues in premiere 2020.  2019 works fine and is still available from adobe at this moment.  that my change... And of course, it's not the speediest of machines for basic editing, it's fine.   Also 8gigs of ram is pushing you're luck, but upgrading the ram is not very expensive.   So in the long run, not sure how long you'll be able to edit on this machine, but may be usable...  RJL190365 is right, but you may be able to get this to work... Just don't expect too much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And the memory expansion is one big area of concern. That laptop is not easily user-upgradeable. Upgrading it would require some major disassembly of the unit. And once you get inside that laptop may only have one SODIMM slot - period. Without knowing this, the discussion starter might be permanently stuck with just the 8 GB of RAM that was preinstalled in that laptop (Asus does not officially support the use of memory modules larger than 8 GB in any of the SODIMM slots of that laptop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines