Motion graphics templates vs essential graphics

Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Under C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Whats different between /Motion graphics templates and  /essential graphics

and where should i be installing the graphics packs?

I had put a folder with  titles into Esseitnial Graphics but they were not loaded so i dropped them into Motion graphics folder and they loaded in Premiere. all good.

However i see other titles  in other folder and premeire loads those

I want to consolidate all into one folder.

Currenty titles are loaded from each folder.

thanks

/J

TOPICS
Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us find that using the "manage additional folders" option very useful ... as we can create folder trees & subfolders that we can navigate to/view from the viewing menu of the EGP itself, rather than just making a much larger group of mogrts to sort through.

For that, set up the folders where it is convenient for you to get to them quickly. Then use the 3-bar or "hamburger" menu at the top of the EGP panel, selecting "manage additional folders". Use that dialog to navigate to and add the folders.

Now ... in the "Local" dropdown list ... you can set which local folder/s you are viewing. As you can have one or more selected on that list.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  i didn't know that, very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a fair amount of things with the EGP/Pr-Pro mogrts that aren't ... obvious, perhaps?

Like the difference between "box text" and "point text". Point text is where you just click on a spot in the Program monitor and begin typing. Box text is where you click/drag to create a box and type into the box.

There are several ways Premiere treats these rather differently from each other. A lot of people don't understand that ... and well, Premiere then acts "weird". More so than normal, that is ... 😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines