My proxies won't load into the queue of media encoder

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to create proxy files, in premiere it says "creating proxies," but when media encoder loads, nothing happens, and none of the files load into the queue. I have the most recent versions of premiere and media encoder. I tried multiple clips from different projects, used custom ingest presets, and I even tried some of the default premiere ingest presets (which I usually wouldn't do because I like to create my own proxy ingest presets) Every time I give it a go, "creating proxies" comes up, media encoder loads, but then nothing happens. 

Does anyone have any advice on what they think could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to trash the preferences first (hold ALT while premiere is running on the splash screen)

clean media cache in both premiere pro and AME

recreate your proxy jobs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. trashing preferences and deleting/cleaning the media cache has not helped. Media Encoder opens and then nothing happens. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure you have the latest versions of both premiere pro and media encoder?

uninstall and reinstall both apps to make sure you are on the latest builds for both

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. This does not remedy it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get slapped down occasionally here for suggesting workarounds, but for me it's about getting the work done...

No reason why you can't create a preset for the proxy and just bring your camera original into adobe media encoder

and export with the preset...  And then attach the proxies in Premiere...  But, test a single file first to make sure everything's working properly before processing all the files..  I have a metadata display preset that shows the proxy location so I can quickly make sure it's attached successfully. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate it. That does work as a workaround.

I have found that the issue isn't isolated to proxies. Can't queue anything from Premiere into Media Encoder. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall and reinstall the newest versions of boteh pp and AME

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I was able to solve this by uninstalling and then reinstalling both Premiere and Media Encoder. Ugh 2 hours wasted on a project that needs a quick turnaround. Really frustrated by that but thankful to the folks posting in here with workarounds, that helped a lot. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines