Highlighted

My proxies won't load into the queue of media encoder

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to create proxy files, in premiere it says "creating proxies," but when media encoder loads, nothing happens, and none of the files load into the queue. I have the most recent versions of premiere and media encoder. I tried multiple clips from different projects, used custom ingest presets, and I even tried some of the default premiere ingest presets (which I usually wouldn't do because I like to create my own proxy ingest presets) Every time I give it a go, "creating proxies" comes up, media encoder loads, but then nothing happens. 

Does anyone have any advice on what they think could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My proxies won't load into the queue of media encoder

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to create proxy files, in premiere it says "creating proxies," but when media encoder loads, nothing happens, and none of the files load into the queue. I have the most recent versions of premiere and media encoder. I tried multiple clips from different projects, used custom ingest presets, and I even tried some of the default premiere ingest presets (which I usually wouldn't do because I like to create my own proxy ingest presets) Every time I give it a go, "creating proxies" comes up, media encoder loads, but then nothing happens. 

Does anyone have any advice on what they think could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to trash the preferences first (hold ALT while premiere is running on the splash screen)

clean media cache in both premiere pro and AME

recreate your proxy jobs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. trashing preferences and deleting/cleaning the media cache has not helped. Media Encoder opens and then nothing happens. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure you have the latest versions of both premiere pro and media encoder?

uninstall and reinstall both apps to make sure you are on the latest builds for both

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0