• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New clips cause Premiere Pro viewer and timeline to lag

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filmed some new shots yesterday and I go to import them into my project when I realized that when I add said clips into my project, my timeline and media player get horribly slow. You can see in this video right here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0j3lyGUlc) that before I add the clips, the timeline and scrubbing is working fine. When I import one of those new clips, you  can see the timeline and media player just get super bugged. White selection boxes stay on the screen even after I have let go of a click, and the media player is black and very far behind.

It's impossible to do any editing like this, and this is the first time it's happened to me. Anyone got any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant,

With all projects closed, from the Home screen, choose Preferences > Media Cache. Delete all Media Cache. Report back. Please also place media on a 2nd SSD. If it's on the boot drive, footage does not playback as well. Hope we can help fix your issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin

It definitely looks like that helped, lets hope it stays that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines