• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not source patching - cant pull in multicam clips to my timeline.

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to version 14. Having an issue with being unable to pull a multicamera clip into the timeline. Verified the source patching was turned on but still get the hand with line through it. I read this was the most common cause of being unable to put someting in the timeline. Wasn't able to find anything beyond that.

Screenshot (18).png

[Moderator note: please simply drag/drop images onto your reply text box, do NOT use the 'attach' box, as that makes users download strange files onto their computers. I fixed this for you this time.]

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Are you sure you are adding from the correct bin: I see three different bins open.

You cannot add a sequence into its own timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took a look at the sequence setting and noticed that the sequence frame sizes didn't match thinking that was it but no luck. I made them match but still get the hand when I dry to drag and drop this new multicam into the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it does permit me to open the multicam sequence in the timeline to view all its composite videos (see below) just not add it as an editable multicam sequence to the other project in the timeline.

Screenshot (22).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are adding from the correct bin: I see three different bins open.

You cannot add a sequence into its own timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it thanks!

So what I did, for anyone else who has the issue, is I made a new sequence, dropped in the original multicam sequence I'd been trying to put this one into, then added the one I was trying to add.

Screenshot (24).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines