• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting Text into Premiere Pro is always a hassle

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Im using the latest version of PP on Windows 10, and I always find that pasting text into Premiere Pro is a hit-or-miss.

First, it seems to not work at all with the Windows 10 Clipboard manager. When i try to paste a caption on the caption's box, using the windows clipboard manager (WinKey + V), it pastes the text twice. (See screenshot for example)

Another issue I noticed is that when I am pasting text into a text box, using the regular CTRL+V, it sometimes pastes the text and adds a V to the end. 

Is there a fix for this? Is these really PP bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that the Windows paste history option pastes the text twice in the captions tool. File a bug report here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

My Ctrl-v tests in regular text did not produce any errors.

FYI, I did not look at your screenshots. When we open images attached to posts (rather than embedded using the image icon), it creates errors when we post. So it is better to embed rather than attaching image files.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this have something to do with Rich Text? I've noticed sometimes when you copy text from a Rich Text source it copies more than just the text itself (like bold, italtics, etc). Emails often copy double.

Can someone try this?  Open Notepad, write some text in there, copy it, then paste into captions, does it double up? If so, this is likely a bug in the captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good thought. But I was copying from Notepad++ (plain text) when I did my experiment. So, yes, a bug. Or perhaps, they might say, the caption tool does not support Win10 paste history option. lol.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines