• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

performance very low on mac pro 2010

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have mac pro mid 2010 2x intel quad-core 2.8ghz, 64GB RAM, RX 580 8GB and SSD on primary disc, but when i put some videos for rendering take hours. 

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely do not meet the minimum system requirements using a 10+ year old MacPro.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well specced and great machine in it's day but today it won't cut it for newer codecs, latest versions of Premiere Pro and 4K etc. However it sounds like it does still work well apart from rendering speed so I'm afraid it comes down you if you can accept this over the cost of something more modern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please tell us your source properties and your sequence settings...  I've got a macpro form 2009 (and had to hack it to get it up to high sierra - thanks apple for making this difficult) and it works ok.  You might consider a proxy workflow to speed things up.  Still will be an extended render to export but can speed things up considerably for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines