Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixel Ratio vs Frame Ratio for 16:9 video and YouTube

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have some DV footage 720x576 4x3ratio Lower Field and created a sequence which I matched with source.

I want to upload this to YouTube and I understand YouTube accepts 720p, in which I use the preset YouTube export (H.264 - YouTube HD 720p 25), which adds black bars to the sides and exports out at 1280x720 Progressive. This takes approx 3 hours to export for a 45min clip.

To speed up the export I tried preset, H264 - PAL DV Widescreen, set to Progressive. By default this uses 16:9 pixel ratio, it  added bars to the sides and outputed 720x576. The export took 30minutes only, a lot quicker than the above option. When I play it back with VLC, the overall ratio is correct (i.e. black bars on sides) and picture looks fine, no obvious concerns. I uploaded this to YouTube and it appears fine also. But as I used frame resolution of 720 x 576. - Is there a problem that I havent yet discovered?  Just want to be sure before I continue down this path. Thanks

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also export to 788x576 with par set to 1.0.

For widescreen that would be 1050x576.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have several different options. There is no right or wrong way. I use 1920 X 1080i for Blu-ray and 1080 P60 for social media. I have left a video link that might be worth watching.

https://youtu.be/dVLUxRkPMdA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines