• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead won't move but able to scrub with mouse

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro v14.0. The program reports my computer is compatible (System Compatibility Report). My system is Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-8700 CPU, with 32 GB of Ram. My video card is GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, and the driver is up to date.

Premiere was working fine up until the last update (earlier this week).

The problem now is, the playhead doesn't forward/play, although I can scroll the timeline using the mouse. No sound. No motion. Nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I've searched the forum for answers and tried a few but nothing is working.

Will someone please help me?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Check that your audio hardware settings are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that your audio hardware settings are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Richard. Had to change settings from MME to an ASIO4ALL driver. I've been working on this issue since last update, off and on for several hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another audio harware related option. I had same issue, it would scrub through the video fine (though no sound) but would not "Play" in Premiere or Rush. (play button would change shape but nothing would happen).

In my case my Audio Interface unit was set to 24 bit (for recording in Pro tools) but the audio clip I imported to Premiere was MP3 bounced at 16 bit. My audio interface was 

Once I reset the audio interface to 16 bit inside Premiere it all worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines