• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to have Audition Markers import to Premiere?

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using: Audition 2020 & Premiere Pro 2019

I record my script in Audition and when I finish I 'Save as' Wave PCM (wav) and in the bottom of the window its shows 'Include markers and other metadata' which is [x] Checkmarked.
I don't know if this is a 'thing' or how it works but this would be a HUGE time saver for me when editing in Premiere as I would no longer have to scroll through my imported audio script and find all the desired 'marker' spots that I wish to mark for editing.

Maybe I'm missing a step when I import the audio to Premiere because it is simply only audio and no markers (makes sense, why would an audio file include markers?) 

However, when I export the audio from Audition, it exports the .wav file and also a .pkf file (which I'm assuming holds the markers/metadata?) as it literally does nothing  but open up Audition (from a closed state) to a empty blank canvas with no audio? (I'm guessing this is the solution to my issue, but I don't know how it works or how to get it to work)

Hope I didnt make that sound to confusing when trying to explain. Thanks for any future help.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should actually work exactly as you describe. It's a really great feature, and I use it all the time! Here's a screenshot showing what it looks like, including the Markers panel in Premiere: 

davidarbor_0-1603741217012.png

You can even make spanned markers that are longer than a single point of time. If this feature doesn't work for you, I wonder if you're using the wrong type of marker. How are you creating your makers? Using the shortcut "M" I'm making regular "Cue" markers in Audition. Can you open the Markers panel in Audition next to your Track Editor and embed a full UI screenshot?

Also, that .pek is a peak file, which contains the waveform information. It isn't necessary, and Premiere will recreate the waveform very quickly when you import. I usually delete these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David Arbor, 

I see in your screenshot that you have markers imported from Audition, but these markers have no label so they are not that useful. I have the same problem. How can I import Audition markers AND their labels into Premiere? In After Effects I use "Update markers from source"

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Cristina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cristina, both marker names and descriptions come through from Audition to Premiere. In my screenshot above I didn't give those markers a duration, but this is the same behavior as if you make a marker in Premiere. In this screenshot you can see the Markers panel on the left showing the four markers and their names, then the Marker dialog in the middle showing the name and description. These markers were created and given a duration in Audition's Markers panel. After importing the file to the Timeline in Premiere, the markers immediately show up and display both the name and description right next to each other.

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_2021-10-13_14-04-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines