• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 14.3 export h.264 moov atom location?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found some forum posts that say Adobe Media Encoder puts the moov atom at the beginning of an h.264 export.  If I export from within Premire Pro is the moov atom also at the front? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And your reason for asking is ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I want the moov atom file to be written to the beginning of the h.264 file.  I am not sure if exporting from premiere pro does this.  The video file will stream while buffering.  As opposed to waiting for the file to download if the moov atom data is written to the end of the h 264 file.   On streaming platforms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on this forum and others ... including pro video post forums ... for years.

Yours is the first post I've ever seen mentioning the moov/movie atom. I had to go look it up. And there aren't a lot of posts from any pro source about it.

I'm a contributing author for a pro colorist's teaching website, I produce tutorials for that site. It's never come up, and of course, everything for that site will be seen over the net. And they are incredibly tech and format/codec savvy. Including being the team that recorded DolbyVision's in-house video tutorials on working in DolbyVision for Netflix and other streaming services.

If it was something they had any interest in, I'd have heard about it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its part of the youtube specifications for best practice.    Mp4 fast start.  There is a thread about it on here.  With regards to media encoder.  It implies premiere does the same.  But does not specifically state it did.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I've never heard of this ... not that you're not correct, just that ... I've never heard of it. Nor had it mentioned in the several (read: many) tutorials and lengthy articles I've been through on prepping for web including YouTube.

Apparently, not many worry about it, which would seem to indicate there isn't a notable problem. But as noted,  I don't know for certain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup ... one thead, a year and a half ago ... and the Adobe staffer said they put it at the beginning. Me isn't such a 'separate app' as the main video encoding engine for all the Adobe apps. Parts of it a built into the individual apps, but really ... it's Me.

Answered.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME export is slightly different in use so I have no idea what Me and premier share in export.  For one, on my mac system ME has open CL and Metal option for hardware.  inside Premire Pro it only has Metal as hardware option.  I am assuming the guts of Premire has the same pieces of ME for export.  But my particular queston is actually not answered explicitly in the old thread.  It was sort of answered in the old thread.  But not really.  

If any Adobe technicians actually read this board I would appreciate a definitive answer.  But for now I am exporting h.264 out of Media Encoder since that was answered by an Adobe representative that apparently knows about moov atom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tech staff do not read these user to user threads, NB. Get this request in front of them over on Uservoice, OK? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  I was on Adobe Chat and the rep told me to post it here.  so I did.  I will follow the use voice link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would very much expect that it is. This is an interesting question as this issue came up a long long time ago for encoding for live streams and Adobe Media Server had to write MOOV atoms in the right spot or streaming would fail and all kinds of issues came up. As such, I believe Adobe learnt a lot from all that and then YouTube carried that forth to how they do their streaming now too. It's an important thing to be honest and I would expect that there isn't any software out there that puts it in a different spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines