• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro not reading my files.

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything from formatting my sd card to decryption ect. And when I try to open my files on premier pro they do not exist but when I close the program and open my files they are there. I have tried every version of premier pro and nothing works I cannot upload any videos or anything due to this and I'm about to give up on premier pro can anyone help. Also using and external hard drive does nothing and my computer doesnt have an internal drive so I'm stuck.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>my computer doesnt have an internal drive

If your computer doesn't have an internal drive, how are you able to have an operating system and programs installed?

You should not try to read the SD card with PPro, so have you copied the entire video folder from your SD card to the actual hard drive that you do have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried saving the files to an external drive and nothing. I also
saved them to other location on my computer as there is no specific hard
drive location but they still will not be seen by PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an hp spectra 360 which has windows 10 the space available is 337gb
I dont know too much of the technical terms but I just opened an old
project and it let me import the files it's not detecting from my hard
drive folder but if I try to open a new project it will not import/ export
or detect any files from the same folder so I dont know what is causing the
issue but its definitely inside premier pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably going to have to get better at the technical and technical terms. Put some effort into that soon, otherwise your computing experience is going to be poor no matter what. That computer does have storage, and we call SSD's and nvme's drives also. So I looked at the specs of the HP 360's and they have an SSD or nvme drive. You want to make a new folder on your c: drive, then copy the contents of the memory card to the new folder, then start premiere and create a new project with a new name you have never used before in that same folder. I really hope you didn't format your sd card. Post a screenshot of your SD card from Windows file explorer, detail view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatting a SD card is only done in camera; never on the computer.

You first copy/paste entire contenct from SD card to hard drive first then you import into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already formatted it after I transferred the files to a hard drive
folder however I still cannot open the files from premier pro when starting
a new project the files are only detected once I open an old project then
it detects them and i can import the files. What does formatting do other
than erase the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>What does formatting do otherthan erase the files?

Not nessecary deleting files but cleaning the card completely and ready to use.

A camera does it slightly from a computer. As you are using the card in your camera and not computer to write files, the camera is the way to go.

If you use a in comp formatted card in a camera chances are captured images get corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines