• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Cashing when nothing is happening.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on a mac 2019 pro Tower. 

3.2 ghz 16 Core

160gb ram

os 10.15.7

Latest version of Premiere will just cash when im srcrubbing footage, doing nothing, or watching footage. 

I have Canon R5 footage reading from a External USB 3.0 drive. 

I did notice when I have google Chrome open Premiere will cash more often. 

Scatch disk is set to another drive. Im going crazy. Please help!

xoxoxxoxo

Thank you,
101 Exit
Mac Pro (2019)<br />3.2 GHZ 16-Core Intel Xeon W<br />160 RAM<br />2TB SSD<br />AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB>MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7<br />Mac Pro (2019)<br />3.2 GHZ 16-Core Intel Xeon W<br />160 RAM<br />2TB SSD<br />AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
TOPICS
Crash , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you haven't told us what your graphics card is...  If premiere crashes more often when chrome is running, you might try disconnecting from the internet either by pulling the ethernet cable or turning off wifi. And try running Premiere without any other programs running.  Do you have any external devices connected?  audio interfaces, control surfaces, etc?  if so, try disconnecting them.  Not saying you have to work this way, but let's try and narrow down the possibilities.  Try creating a new user with administrative privileges in system preferences: users and groups and log out and sign in to the new user and see if things are any better.  Do you have multiple monitors connected?  try disconnecting all but one.  Please try these things in a systematic fashion and post back with the results.  Lots of stuff to try...  and when you say you have the latest version of premiere, what version is that exactly?  And you might try installing premiere 2019 and see if that works any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have (2) graphics cards. The AMD Radeon Pro 580x Running (1) monitor. and the AMD Radeon Pro W5700X running my other monitor. In my system report is says the 580x is for Display Control, and the w5700x is the GPU controller. 

It's Premiere 14.7

I do need the internet connected while working as I need to listen to royality free music while editing. I need to see the edit with music choices without downloading the music. It's a much quicker process. 

and yes, I have the UA apollo Twin 2 interface. Not sure it would be that. 

Thank you,
101 Exit
Mac Pro (2019)<br />3.2 GHZ 16-Core Intel Xeon W<br />160 RAM<br />2TB SSD<br />AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB>MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7<br />Mac Pro (2019)<br />3.2 GHZ 16-Core Intel Xeon W<br />160 RAM<br />2TB SSD<br />AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is about troubleshooting, not day to day working so why I understand some of my suggestions may not be practical in the long term, we need to try them.  Once we isolate the issues, we can either find workarounds or solutions...  First, there have been reports of issues with having 2 graphics connected.  I really don't know about any issues with 2 graphics cards but worth a shot to see if  disconnecting one might solve the issue.  . and try disconnecting the audio interface.   there have been many reports of issues when the audio hardware setup in the premiere preferences is not setup properly.  Tell us how it's set up and maybe see about changing some of the settings.  Seen a number of reports that setting the audio input to "none" can help.  And it might be the combination of issues.  so it's never easy to troubleshoot these problems from a distance.  Besides my own production and editing, I provide support for a number of clients working in premiere and in these crazy times I use zoom and teamviewer to work thru these sorts of issues.  We can usually solve these sorts of problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have discovered the issue. 

Im using Canon R5 footage. HEVC H265 4:2:2 MP4 footage. 

I don't think Premiere can handle it. I noticed once I start to layer the footage things get iffy. 

Is this possible?

Thank you,
101 Exit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I'm on such a beefy machine. thoughts?

Thank you,
101 Exit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC is extremely compressed to give high quality in small file sizes.  Transcode to a larger file size format without these issues like prores422

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first thought but I need to stay away from Transcoding. To much footage (4 days worth), to much time (To Transcode), to much TB (Already at 2TB) . I need it to be linier. Silly the small Canon R5 can play back the 8K, 4K 120 or 4K 24 so smooth. but a large computer cant. 

Will there ever be a Adobe update to have this play back smoother?

Thank you,
101 Exit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever try the things I suggested in my earlier post?  You probably should be getting better performance.   you might try using an SSD drive rather than a spinning hard drive.  And how full is the drive.  You should leave a minimum of 10% free space (and more would probably be better).  Try moving a couple of clips to the internal drive and see if performance improves.  And gotta say, it's always smart to test your workflow with new formats before digging yourself too deep a hole (this is the voice of experience speaking).   There's lots of stuff to try but not much point unless you're gonna approach it in a systematic fashion..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try and nothing really worked. 

I will try a external SSD when I can. I'll need a 4TB external SSD which are farily pricey. 

I did find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWaFOQTbZ88

Thank you,
101 Exit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines