• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere does not work - my video drivers are not supported in this new version

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having issues with Premiere Pro as the lastest version is not work on my computer. Apparently my video drivers are not supported in this new version. I have tried to follow the steps recommended but it still does not work. Is it possible to instal earlier versions from 2018/17/16/15? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

There is no way at all, whatsoever. Since May 2019 Adobe has restricted older version availability to the major version that came before the cuirrent major version (in other words, one major version prior to the current 2021/15.x version). This means that version 2020/14.x is now the oldest version of Premiere Pro that you can legitimately download and install. And now, since the most recent update of the Creative Cloud desktop app, the older versions list will now show all non-recalled versions

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way at all, whatsoever. Since May 2019 Adobe has restricted older version availability to the major version that came before the cuirrent major version (in other words, one major version prior to the current 2021/15.x version). This means that version 2020/14.x is now the oldest version of Premiere Pro that you can legitimately download and install. And now, since the most recent update of the Creative Cloud desktop app, the older versions list will now show all non-recalled versions of the prior major version (this means that all versions of version 2020/14.x that have not been withdrawn). Previous versions of the desktop app showed only the very last point release of the prior major version.

As for your PC hardware, which CPU and GPU do you have? That will largely dictate whether you can upgrade or need to buy a whole new PC just to continue using Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just move over to Davinci, I've been through every Premiereo Pro freezing/crashing tutorial, and I constantly have the same problems with every version. Also Davinci is free, highly recommend the switch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that would not help the discussion starter much:

The free version of DaVinci Resolve is gimped. It has absolutely no hardware encoding or decoding whatsoever, and the hardware rendering capabilities are somewhat limited. Only the paid version, DaVinci Resolve Studio, which costs $300, offers hardware acceleration that's equal to or exceeds that of Premiere Pro.

What's more, DaVinci Resolve (or more specifically, Blackmagic) has become almost as elitist as Adobe in its hardware requirements. DaVinci Resolve now officially requires a 7th-Gen or newer Intel CPU, and a Maxwell or newer GPU, plus 16 GB or more system RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process
--will only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines