• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere keeps playing for 1 to 2 seconds after pressing stop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden Premier has a huge lag when pressing "stop" (spacebar, k)

I'm a music video editor and this is very problematic for timing, etc.

Working on Premiere 14.3 and an iMac Pro (2018) with 64gb ram.  Drive is G-Tech thunderbolt 3.  This should NOT be happening.  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clean your media cache

try to trash the preferences (reset preferences by holding ALT while premiere is running on the splash screen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Carlos- 

I tried both of those steps and the problem persists.  It really came when I upgraded to v14.  Any other options?  I can't go back to v13 as I share projects with other editors on v14.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what OS version are you on?

I guess you will have to update to the latest, this is mainly caused by GPU not responding correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob, I tried all of those steps but none of them worked.

Carlos-  I am on OSX 10.14.6 (Mojave).  I was concerned Catalina was too buggy with Premiere, but maybe it's time to upgrade?

Thanks everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a video with some heavy effects that might happen. is that the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian- yes, I have a lot of lighting effects and some reduce noise effects.  But this is normal for my sequences, and I never had lag like this in v13.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe try a proxy at lower resolution ( if you are 4k make it 1080p in proxy ) .. that sorta thing.

There's a lag in the front side bus and bridges to your hardware devices ( cpu, gpu, drives, ram, etc. ).

This might be some new programming and driver issue as things are changing fast. So, you're sorta on your own to see what you can do.

Try the proxy and export without it and hopefully the effects and stuff export OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Salvo34-  yes I am working on proxies (720).  Another thing I might expore is my external drive, it's a G-Tech thunderbolt 3 but maybe it has slowed down somehow?

This problem is so annoying!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are you storing everything? it's best if your media files are on a seperate drive than the OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines