• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere not recognizing alpha channel on imported mov file

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm trying to import an .MOV file to Premiere but once it's in there, according to the properties option, there is no alpha channel. I confirmed that the file does indeed have alpha channel in QT (grayed out background) and through the finder as well("Get info" option, under codec it reads "HEVC with Alpha"). Not really sure what is going on.

Using a Mac Mini M1 runnig Big Sur 11.4 and Premiere Pro 15.2

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

HEVC with Alpha is for delivery. So I suspect that Premiere Pro doesn't support it for importing and editing. You will have better luck using a different codec with Alpha such as ProRes 4444 for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC with Alpha is for delivery. So I suspect that Premiere Pro doesn't support it for importing and editing. You will have better luck using a different codec with Alpha such as ProRes 4444 for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up running the original file through media encoder and exported as a ProRes 4444 file. Worked perfectly. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi there! I have the same problem here but it doesn't work to export the original file as a proRes 4444 file... any other ideas? my file is a .mov HEVC codec from procreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines