• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 internal graphic card error

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Intel graphics 4600 enabled to allow for hardware accelartion my main graphics is GTX 970. Everything worked perfectly fine with CC 2019 and earlier, I installed the CC2020 update and now I get a "System Compadibility Report Intel HD Graphcs 4600 Unsupported Video Driver." Cerianly was supported in cc2019! The 4600 driver details: driver date: 10/29/2018 version: 20.19.15.5063

Yes, I tried the "fix" button went to the page downloaded the files followed the instructions, was shown a message "The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

So, anybody know why CC2020 wont work with the intel graphics when CC 2019 had zero issues with it?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Premiere 2020 requires a newer set of hardware. Which is why you got the system compatibility report with that statement.

One of the big pushes they're doing is to increase both stability/reliability and performance. To decrease the variables they have to code for they are requiring recent hardware. Which is similar to the way Apple goes for stability ... except they severely limit the hardware used with their OS/apps so they have very tight control of the entire system. The Premiere team won't be planning anything as drastically limited as the Apple "ecosphere" ... but it will be more restrictive for gear used than it has been in the past.

Yea, it's a pain when your gear isn't up to date. But if so, it will over time be a better performing app.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, that makes sense.. my Intel graphics has the latest update though and the file they say to install won't intstall so i suppose Ill need to deactive that graphics and not use hardware accelation any more until everything works together again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you are right, you have to do what you NEED to do in order for things to work for you. Don't pay any attention the the "bias" of answers that tell you how Apple is bad compared to Windows, or how you have to buy a new computer every 3 years. That's ridiculous. You are not a slave of software and hardware, but a nice human doing what you love to do.

One thing to look into is using Resolve 15, which has fairly reasonable min.. requirements, and is free or else $300 forever. You don't need to be hooked into internet once you've installed and updated and all your ducks are in a row.  It is extremely different than PPro and FCP and Avid, but you can learn it with PDF files or from paper books bought through Amazon, which is what I did. Took a year to get the new UI into my head, so I could stop automatically trying PPro shortcut keys and so on. I become 'habitual' in my use of things, so using Tilde key to go full screen on a panel was a hard habit to break.

If car manufacturers and dealers required you to buy a new car every 3 years just to have a vehicle you can use, wouldn't you start looking for alternatives ???  Good luck and don't pay attention to the bias here, as they have their own axes to grind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same graphics card and I'm having the same problem. It seems to be preventing me from exporting videos. I am choosing "Software Encoding" when exporting in any event, so could you please tell me how to fix this issue? Sorry - I'm fairly new to Premiere Pro anyway, so forgive me if this is a straightforward fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple graphics cards/chipsets referred to in this thread, which one do you have?

GPU settings are not found in the Export dialog, but in the Project settings dialog under "Mercury Acceleration". If you've a GPU Premiere can use, it will allow you to use CUDA for Nvidia cards, Metal on Mac for AMD cards, and Metal or OpenCL on PCs with AMD cards.

If you can only use "software only" in the Project settings dialog, then no, Premiere cannot work with whatever graphics your computer has. And for basic encoding, Premiere does not use the GPU anyway. It uses the GPU for certain things.

In the Export dialog's "summary" section, the lines "hardware encoding" or "software encoding" only appear in H.264/265 exports, and refer to whether or not you have an Intel CPU with QuikSync tech. That bit is confusing ... but has nothing to do with GPU use at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case, Adobe is not to blame. Intel is. You see, Intel has EOL'd all iGPU driver support outside of archived driver releases for all 5th-Generation and earlier Intel CPUs, with the last security update for the 4th- and 5th-Generation CPUs released this past March. These CPUs had been placed in legacy support status back in mid-2017. Adobe merely had to comply with the practice of the rest of the tech industry in declining to support anything that's over three years old.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK ty, maks sense it is a older CPU, I didn't use hardware acceleration alot when rendering as it had a habbit of seizing up the puter so it won't be that big of a deal just to disable that graphics function. I guess we all get older and outdated at some time LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may not feel it's so funny when you have to spend more than $50,000 to update an editing suite just to keep busy and be able to work with so called 'legacy' codecs and so on.  If the software discontinues support for their own reasons of getting 10 pounds of poop out a 2 pound bag, just so they don't have so many programmers on the clock... it's time to wonder...

should you be the victim or the cherished 'customer' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salvo ... really.

Apple has ended support of both CUDA and OpenCL ... you can now use Metal only. They've also requested all vendors drop support of the older 32-bit forms of their codecs. (Which they own.)

Intel, as noted above, is dropping support of the older gear they made.

Windows has cut off support for Win7 ... as they did earlier for Win2000, XP, and prior to that, Win3.1.

None of those are Adobe choices ... it's just the typical thing that happens rather quickly in the computer-based business world.

I've got old video cards stuffed in boxes that don't work on anything current. You want some nice old cables? Old styly disc devices that have not been used in years? Yea, got those.

Life ... and gear ... move on. For Adobe stuff as with anyone else's stuff. Just sold off a couple vehicles for which you can't get parts except from junk yards. Have another old pickup here you can't even get stuff there. When that rig's last forward gear stops working, well ... it's off to the junkyard. I certainly haven't used it on the road in years.

They are all just tools ... every blasted one is just a fancy form of hammer, really. Use what works for you now. You love Resolve, great. It's a good app ... in general. I know colorist shops that never moved from 14.x to any 15.x version because in their shop no 15.x version tested as stable. Others had no issues whatever.

I run Resolve and use it for some things. Loved going through Baselight at NAB ... that's a slick and capable grading app for sure. Can't justify the cost, so ... between Premiere and Resolve, I get by. I don't care for Resolve's editing section but that's a personal thing, some love it, which is fine. I don't like the way BlackMagic throttles everyone else's kit in their apps ... my Elements panel is half the tool in Resolve it is in Premiere. But then, BM's entire process is to get you to use software so you'll buy their hardware. Ergo ... you're allowed to use an Elements panel but THEY control the mappings completely. And place a ton of limits on what you can do with a Tangent panel. Unlike in other apps, where you set what you want in the Tangent mapping software.

So yea, BM is happy to hook you on their software to sell you the hardware they make money on. It's their loss leader. And a pretty decent app in all, certainly with a VASTLY better manual than any Adobe app! But hey ... really ... buy their micro, mini, or full Resolve panel ... that's what they want. Especially the big boy ... $30G for that one, awesome, right? (And yea, I know several people who live on the full Resolve panel daily.)

But ... Resolve is just a tool, a fancy hammer. If it works great for all your needs, fine. Go work with it. I certainly do. But I don't hang in the Resolve forums complaining about the things I don't like saying that Premiere is so much better/more-capable. Which in areas, it certainly is. In other areas, Resolve is clearly more capable.

But again ... they're all just fancy hammers. Bang away with them to your heart's content.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you're in the same boat... nothing new.

The choice to discontinue support for some things bothers me re: CC. You bought a bmpcc recently and I guess you did that to edit native in CC but find you can't. You got hooked on buying it knowing you have to eventually buy a giant expensive panel. That's all a bunch of bologna.

You do what you can to get the best results for your own process. I find the bmpcc creepy due to battery stuff, but think I got that worked out. I use resolve and edit native. I didn't get resolve to buy a panel, and now resolve is trying to get the CC crowd ( with stupid auto stuff, layers, rush, etc. ) and making the whole thing way more difficult re: min. requirements. Especially fusion part. Even 15 fusion part screws me up unless I 'optimize' 4k h264.

I'm not ANTI anything. Who cares ? I have no personal thing about this stuff. I just won't let some stupid company into my pocket with subscriptions.. period ( as you like to say ). That's just me.

Once in your pocket, they can then say, " Oh, new deal, nothing is available except last two recent releases". That's basically insane !

hehe... the beat goes on,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just for info... the little micro panel ( which in fact I did buy a while ago ) is built really well, very solid and well made, and believe me, you don't have to remap ANYTHING on it... you can go to other controls with mouse when you can't do the basics with the little thing ... which takes up the same space as a normal keyboard...it works great.

Well worth the money.... and it doesn't limit you.. you get into other stuff you can use keyboard and mouse to input numbers, parameters, whatever... and see the result instantly.. and THAT'S what you get when you export... no stupid restrictions re: rec 709 default stuff, and certainly NO problems with what monitors ( spaces ) you are using. It's a totally nice thing.

Unfortunately, the 16 thing is looking like going into the kid stuff, the pettting zoo, the circus...and that is OK for me cause I don't do that junk anyway.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the big fanfare over adobe being used for terminator dark fate would have been much nicer if it wasn't looking like a 100 million loss ( at this point ).. like a total bomb.  That bothers me more than this stupid stuff about what is the right path re: forced hardware upgrades and killing off legacy support of stuff... 

It would have been nice to see CC actually get some good press from a success, instead of a total failure at the box office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I am editing "natively" with the BMPCC4k, both in high ProRes and b-raw formats. Even on my three-year-old 6-core 3.2Ghz/32GB-RAM rig. Using both the free BM BRAW plugin and the purchased one from Autokroma ... which I actually like a bit better, primarily because of the presets you can create and use in that plugin.

That said ... that media and needing to be able to work with some RED and Arri stuff ... means I spent time at a booth at MAX talking with a vendor about my next machine. Ouch ... but then, I'll be able to work at enough speed to keep me going. Compared to the kit most of the colorist's I know have, it's a cheap rig ... gonna run me about $5500. Heck, colorists can't hardly get a full reference monitor for SDR work for that small amount of money. Ha.

And my rig goes to my wife ... who works with stills mostly. It's still well above her current machine. Her machine will go to the office where a part-time staffer does some image work. And that machine will replace our old book-keeping computer which goes ... to it's Eternal Reward.

We've done this dance before I don't know how many times. I HATE changing computers, all that loading apps and resetting things drives me nuts. But ... it's needed, sadly.

We've had to use subscription software for book-keeping and other business functions for decades now. It's a thing. We've survived.

But for the Adobe stuff ... we have a ton of apps we now use we never did back in the purchase-a-box days, and aren't paying any more per year for the entire shop than we did a decade back. But ... rather than just Photoshop and Lightroom, for the same annual outlay ... we have Illustrator, Audition, InDesign, Animator, AfterEffects, Prelude, and a couple others running on multiple machines. I'm not complaining.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue. But what is even more intersting, I get no errors running in OSX Mojave. But when I restart in bootcamp to Windows 10 I do get the graphics error. Using exactly the same hardware. I did download the latest Intel driver for Windows and tried some other stuff to no result.

Everything in OSX is fine.

Even with the error the Premiere programm runs fine on Windows with my Graphics card Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 5200.

My macbook pro is from 2015.

Any Clues on how to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue

i7-5000U 2.4GHz processor which is an Intel 5th generation processor.

I get the graphics driver warning and intermittent crashes with Premier Pro 2020  and my Premier Pro 2020 files won't work with Premier Pro 2019.  The updated graphics driver won't install because processor is too old.

Has anyone found a way to convert their Premier Pro 2020 files back into the 2019 software?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might import the 2020 sequences into 2019 project.

Just create a new project in 2019, select File > Import > project, and then try to import the whole project. If it was not successful, try to import a specific sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same exact problem with the same device. My solution was to download an older version of premiere, which may not last for very long, but was necessary for now. The best way to convert newer files into older format is to save them as an older sequence (to be backwards compatible.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both -- Yes - Reverting to Premiere Pro 2019 is a great solution.]

I hope that Adobe keeps bug fixing / supporting the 2019 version.  I've been able to use the 2020 version - Crashes are random so you learn to save often!   A good reason to buy a newer PC   ðŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm getting the same error and issue with my 10900K and the Intel Graphics 630 integrated GPU.  I was able to update my drivers for the iGPU, but it didn't fix the issue.  The iGPU on the i9 10900K chip is not being utilized at all even though Premiere Pro shows that it's available for hardware encoding.  Adobe always loves to break things.  I think I'll be switching to Resolve after this.   There's just way too many bugs in Adobe software.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines