• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Acutally Stable?!?!?

Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, if anyone would have said this to me two days ago I would have called them crazy and laughed at them... doubled-over, face turning red and telling them I would be more likely to catch a tengu riding a unicorn.  And yet, dear readers, here I sit... two full 10-hour days of editing with Premiere Pro 14.0.3 and not one single system crash or lock-up. 

I easily average 6 - 12 crashes/lock-ups a day...  and those are the "good" days.  Bad days, which are very common, I would say I spend more time troubleshooting the software than editing.  Going a full day without a crash has not happened to me in 6 years... maybe longer (and that was editing heavily both on Macs and PCs).  Going two days... well... honestly I don't know if that's ever happened in my long history with the software.

I was doing really basic stuff, just straight-cuts, a few fades and maybe some titles. Nothing too complex.  So maybe I wasn't working the software hard enough.  But still... it's such a rare occurrence that I thought I'd check in with the community to see if anyone else had noticed that we might actually have a somewhat *gasp* stable version of Premiere on our hands?  I guessing that I probably just lucked-out over the past 48 hours... but still.

One can dream...

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, by their numbers, there's a large majority of us that simply do not get frequent crashes. I'm running solidly, hours a day. But there is a certain minority who do. Part of the issue is there simply is such a vast variation of hardware/media/OS/other apps (there's been some notable issues with some other apps and sound card drivers and such). They can't have enough computers in-house or even in the beta system to catch everything.

And when they can't see it in-house, they can't know it's "there" until someone hits something, and then can give them enough information that they can replicate and run it down. Which naturally has a number of ticked users. (Been there, screamed at my machine ... )

When the current head of all digital video apps took over two years back next month ... he set about slowing feature development and pushing bug/stability/performance work. Which over time, seems to be paying off, although they are blunt it will take more work to get the stability numbers even higher.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything newer than 14.2 has made my workflow next to unusable. Audio crashing, playback problems, time remapping issues, and much more. I have to use 14.2 instead of 14.4 which is what is out now. It's driving me nuts. 

I usually don't have problems but this 14.3 and 14.4 patch has been a bust for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post that on their UserVoice system.Full details on your system, media, and the problems you're having. That goes directly to both the engineers and also to the upper managers who decide budgets.

The reason they added the public beta (available to all via the CC desktop app) was to get the testing phase out across a far wider sample of hardware/media/workflows. The percentage of users with buggy performance is down, but they need to know the 'outliers' that are still having trouble to go after the problems out there in the wild.

Please ... do post over there!

I'm mostly working using the public beta actually ... and it's been totally stable for me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines