• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC missing / dropping frames (See VIDEO) - bad rendering?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, see here (1 min video) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fxWZbR8aN8

Basically premiere pro CS6 AND CC keep missing frames on playback when dropped into timeline and colour graded etc compared to original, resulting in not-as-smooth playback. This happens at several points in the video that i have noticed and possibly a few more I havent!

The only 'solution' i have come across so far is to mark in/out points in the sequence, 'delete render files in to out', and then render again. This worked for a couple of cases but not others, but not another 😞

It shouldnt happen at all - how many have i missed!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention Im using a macbook pro retina, using mavericks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely your clip and sequence properties don't match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having severe dropped frame issues. I have 32 gigs of RAM installed on a 12 core Mac pro, 24gb of which is available for Premiere. I have an ATI Radeon 5770 video card installed. Like many others, I have switched to Premiere from FCP 7 rather than endure the learning curve of Final Cut X. There are so many things that I love about it but this rendering/dropped frame issue is maddening. I was hoping that this would be faster than FCP7 but a simple color corrector on a clip results in virtual stop-motion playback and a very lengthy render time. What's worse is that it doesnt happen on every clip despite them all being identical in codec and frame rate. Mostly I am working with AVCHD from a C100 or H.264 from a DSLR. I could at least preview color corrected clips in real time in FCP. Am I overlooking something extremely basic here? The speed of Final Cut X is making me regret the switch to Premiere at the moment. Any help is greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to re-ask this question, because I'm having the same exact issue.

The original video files play 100% smoothly, but when I play them in the sequence (and when I play the video I exported from the sequence), there are frames being repeated. I've actually cycled through the problem shots frame-by-frame, and certain frames will freeze for one extra frame, then continue playing normally.

The sequence settings match the original clip settings exactly, and this only happens with 4 clips (in a sequence made up of 92 different clips). Odd... I would really appreciate it if anyone has info on this, I can't find the answer anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. So ...  you can do a full export of the file and get frames repeated? That is to say, the file exported out and played in a different viewer ... NOT "rendering a section of timeline" from within PrPro?

Just want some clarity because the difference between rendering out previews for playback in the program monitor for editing is so often not understood to be something completely different from exporting out final content. So again, you can export out, look at it say in VLC, and ... you get repeated dupe frames?

Next ... all the errors come from only four clips, none of the other clips have any problems? I would suggest creating an entirely new project, copying the footage to new folders even ... importing those four clips into the new project, then doing some editing as you have in the current project, and check what your export is. It would seem you either have a small corruption in the clips themselves, or in the project files for that project in things associated with those clips?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate I'm literally coming to this three years after you asked it but I'm finding the same think in my videos. I think perhaps it has to do with time interpolation, specifically the settings of frame blending / frame sampling / and optical flow. I've noticed that if I have any interlacing that it's fixed by switching from frame blending to sampling, and any dropped frames are rendered correctly when I switch from frame sampling to frame blending, either for each specific clip or for the entire project. I'm still running into a bit of an issue with it here and there, but try that and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been having similar problems on a Mac with Premiere 12.1

Exported HDV footage (ie. clip is 18:14) imported to Premiere CC. Added color correction and Neat noise reduction. Exported the clip and it's 18:04. Somehow it dropped 10 frames. Same sequence setting 29.97 fps except exported in ProRes for Final Cut. Also the audio goes out of sync.

This really is an insane problem that I haven't had since Premiere 5 or 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problems. Dropped frames. I am moving to Final Cut after I finish this project. Apple provides live support for their applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines