• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro ERROR: "cannot create or write to export folder" when linking to Audition

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I've got a frustrating issue with my Premiere-Audition dynamic link.

When working in Premiere Pro, I will often need to edit the audio tracks in Adobe Audition. Obviously. 98% of the time I don't have a problem - just right-click and select 'Edit in Adobe Audition.' 

Every once in a while, however, when I go to click on the option, it simply does nothing. No launch, no pop-up, no errors or anything. In an effort to overcome this, I went to Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > OK, and then I got this pop up window that said: "cannot create or write to export folder" with no further explanation. I've searched this up everywhere I can think of but haven't found anyone else with the same issue. Any thoughts?? 

I'm working on a Windows PC, and my Adobe Apps are all up to date. Also I'm not super computer tech-savvy, so if there's some crucial piece of information I've neglected to share just ask and I'll do my best to get it to you. haha Thanks in advance for any insights you have to offer!! 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what about just exporting the section of the source file you need to work on in audition and bringing that file into audition...  I know it's not ideal, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, to finish the job.  What happens is you nest the clip in question and double click on it to load it in it's own timeline and then try the right click "edit in adobe audition."  Just throwing out ideas but something may stick...  You might try creating a new project and copy the sequence you're working on into the new project and see if that helps.   Let us know if any of this helps.  If not, maybe I can throw out a few other ideas or maybe someone else will be able to help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines