• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Freezing - Import

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got the Atomos Ninja V to pair with my R6. 

Having the capabilites to record in ProRes 422 has been great. File sizes on the other hand...massive.

For the last month I have been filming small projects, so I have been recording in ProRes HQ. 

My workflow with the ProRes HQ footage has been flawless on my 2020 Mackbook Pro M1.

Here is the kicker...I filmed a wedding this past Saturday. Seeing as I was going to be filming this wedding for nearly 10hrs, I decided to switch to ProRes LT. Smaller file sizes + long day....it just made sense at the time. 

Fast forward to the day after the wedding. I go to import my footage into Premiere Pro and wouldn't you know...Premier Pro freezes everytime I try to import my footage of the day. 

I find this very odd and I'm getting a littel frustrated with the whole situation. Adobe technial support was just confusing the crap out of me and didn't seem too helpful with the whole situation.

Does anyone have ideas? I have a hard time believing I can edit ProRes HQ no issues but can't even import my ProRes LT footage.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Prores LT should be fine in Premiere Pro. I've often used ProresLT records on Ninjas in the past for long form recordings with no issues. I wonder with the length of your recording (10 hours) if there is some corruption in the file.

Does it play OK on the Ninja and in QuickTime player and/or VLC?

Does it import into Media Encoder? (Though I suspect it may have the same issues as Premiere Pro)

If it does import into Media Encoder - perhaps try re-encoding it to another codec i.e. Prores 422 or AVC-Intra 100 or DNx 120. Any of these will maintain decent image quality and at least then you'll be able to start editing.

In the times that Premiere Pro/Media Encoder fails to import a particular file I have a number of apps on Mac that can attempt to open and or convert a problem file.

These tools include Uniconverter (my goto for pretty much any files and excepts files that won't work in other apps), FCP-X and even iMovie. iMovie could help if you don't have any of the others.

Can't think of anything esle at the moment. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the response. 

I was at the wedding for 10hrs, but the footage itself is broken up into multiple clips. Roughly 400 of them.

I have tried importing them individually and the same things happens.

You also guessed right, I attempted to import the footage into Media Encoder to hopefully transcode...same issue with media encoder.

I will try a third party applciation to attempt to transcode all my footage.

Thanks agian, will keep you posted if this is successful. 

Justin Docherty 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know how you go.

I'm guessing you are copying the files off the ninja drive to another drive?

Does that process copy fine? Do all the Prores LT files report file sizes as being correct? I recall from memory the older Ninjas (I have some but have not used in quite a while) would get close to the 4GB file size limit then write a new clip.  It so weird that even when you try to import just a single file it still does not work. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines