• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with rendering (GPU Render Error)

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have switched from Sony Vegas to Adobe Premiere Pro recently and I am not able to render my first project. Famous "GPU Render Error":

Clipboard02.jpg

It happens during rendering more advanced frames, I mean including more effects, adjustment layers etc (till now always with "Geometry2" effect = rotate). This example includes only HD clips!

My configuration:

AMD FX-8300, 3.3GHz

10 GB RAM

MSI R9 270X GAMING OC 2GB DDR5

During rendering CPU load is 100%, GPU load is max 70%, GPU RAM is max 90%.

I understand that this CPU and GPU is nothing special and I'm planning to change it, however I'm still shocked that this configuration is not enough for Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 and HD clips. Or maybe you have other ideas and GPU is not a real problem in this case?

Regards,

DN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that it's giving you a time code? When it does that it means there is an issue at that point in your sequence. Go there and test out what the problem is by trying say remove one effect at a time and export a small section of the timeline around that area.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing special there. Effects with adjustment layers and other stuff. It should be rendered without any problem. What is weird that from time to time this render can be done but it is like 1 of 30 tries. Sometimes even render on timeline "render in and out" has the same problem. The most critical and hard effect is Transform. I have spent almost 10 hours on resolving this problem so many different solutions were tried already. ufortunatelly I don't see any pattern.

Still, I need an answer if it is possible that this config can't work with AP on HD clips because it is too low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the balance of CPU and GPU use, your system seems fairly well 'balanced' for PrPro. I do know that for some people Transform can be an issue.

One last thing ... oft times when rendering is spotty, doing part of the work on a clip/sequence, then nesting it, means you can do other hefty effects with fewer problems. Some of the editors I've learned from nest most of their major projects. They've got timelines with 20 tracks of stuff that can make my head spin.

You can always "open" the nest and work on the earlier effects. But PrPro oft runs cleaner with some things nested before doing other things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried different type of nesting fragements, elements etc. but without any result. Thanks for trying 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn the GPU processing off in AME BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? Please, explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read somewher that nesting of your effects could work

or slow rendering: https://youtu.be/dB5SJEH3mlY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines