Highlighted

"MME device internal error"

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I was going about my own business and editing a video when a dialog box saying "MME device internal error" popped up. My audio was no longer playing during video previews, and when I went to the Audio Devices tab in Preferences to try to change the output device, I received the same error message.

mme_internal.PNG

If anyone could tell me the fix ASAP, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Set input to none: that might do the trick.

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"MME device internal error"

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I was going about my own business and editing a video when a dialog box saying "MME device internal error" popped up. My audio was no longer playing during video previews, and when I went to the Audio Devices tab in Preferences to try to change the output device, I received the same error message.

mme_internal.PNG

If anyone could tell me the fix ASAP, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2017 11
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2017 27
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann. It started working again by itself after a few hours, but if ever comes up again, I'll do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just installed premiere pro and got the same message...mme device internal error.. so I set input to none and still no audio?

who has an answer please

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you figure out?i have the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing ASIO drivers and restart the machine.

ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver For WDM Audio

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2018 1
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't work.

Why is Adobe allowed to sell such bugged software and not even provide an update to fix it?

What a rip-off

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I was nearly about to reinstall windows 10...works perfect now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect. i thank you my king.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same error and the realtek driver doesn't work so i have to use the Asio4allv2(which I assume is similar) driver and none of the youtube or other video sounds don't work either.  In Premiere Pro I don't see under Audio Hardware option to change any input to None option ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks it worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Work´s to me too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ممكن اعرف اي زرار لاعادة الصوت

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Simple and useful trick. 

Pablo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick worked. Thanks. Adobe should include this tip with software package

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a very simple solution which works for me. I had exactly the same problem.

My config: Windows10, AMD Ryzen 2700, EVGA GPU Gtx1060, and Adobe Audition CS6.

Go to Windows settings...Privacy...Microphone...and click on "Allow Apps to access your microphone".

That's all

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2018 23
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you just won 10.000.000 internets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2018 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPM912​, thanks very much for posting that fix, I wasted a whole afternoon on it, disconnected everything, tried other devices and have struggle with PP in the past on this. So, simple, thanks again!

JPM912  wrote

Go to Windows settings...Privacy...Microphone...and click on "Allow Apps to access your microphone".

That's all

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2018 3
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't worked for me, and now no audio from any app will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MUCHAS GRACIAS a mi me funciona esa solución en Rush de adobe tenia es problema  mil gracias

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2018 0
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me a call to Adobe support - a million thank you's!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2019 1
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Who would've thought that improving your privacy would break recordings via a USB digitiser! Here, have a cat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes yes! Thank you very much! This is a technically better solution than the one marked as correct- It's all a problem of Privacy configuration. 

Pablo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES it works.

Problem is, why does Adobe need access to my microphone????

Are they spying on me?

I have no reason to use a microphone when editing video at this point, I just want to hear what I'm editing.

I can only assume Adobe are criminals who are listening in to my conversations, otherwise why demand access to my microphone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe to record a Voice over with your mic on your timeline...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "Audio Hardware" I just set Default input to none.

I figured that this issue happened after I dissabled all apps on Windows 10 to Not Allow the mic access.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same answer I see everywhere but I already have it turned on. To be clear, this did not work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, it's helpfull :))

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have literally tried everything short of re-installing windows 10....I have un-installed and re-installed the realtek drivers and nahimic multiples times.....and after going the the Windows privacy settings like you suggested it worked perfect!!  Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a microphone icon in the tray so I switched it off not thinking about it, later found no sound in Prem Pro didn't even think about this. you've just saved me a few hours work troubleshooting thanks for sharing 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works for me! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this have helped me. I have tried everything resetting my Audio setting. But still, this keeps on happening.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me either.  However, what did work is a silly, simple thing.  I had to plug in a cord into the microphone jack on my SoundblasterX AE-5 soundcard.  (I didn't have an actual microphone so I just used an 1/8" stereo plug.)  Apparently, it won't work if there is nothing plugged in, even if you are not using the mic input.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2018 0
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As some have mentioned, just put the recording device to none. This happened after the windows 10th aniversery update. If you notice your webcams will probably not work and windows will say there is no hardware connected.

You have 3 options to fix this:

1 - Already mentiond change the input to none.

2 - Add a new entry to your registry to fix this.

3 - Roll back your windows version to the previous.

Will leave a link to the last 2 points.

How to fix Windows 10 webcam issue - BT

I hope it helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Many thanks !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0