• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"no clip selected" in Effect Controls panel with dual-screen layout

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use a dual-screen layout that has my Timeline on one screen and the Effect Controls on the other screen, something weird happens.  When I select the clip on the timeline, and then go to the Effect Controls window to change a property of the clip, it instantly disappears as soon as I click in that window.  I have to reselect the clip in the Timeline a second time, and only then does the properties stay in the Effect Controls.

Again this only happens with a dual screen setup with each window on a different screen.  This has been the case since CC 2015, I've noticed.  I am currently using version 2017.1.2

[Title edited for clarity. — Mod.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've been noticing this behavior for awhile, you should log it as a bug: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Perhaps others with dual-screen layouts can chime in as to whether they experience this same problem or not. Also, please provide more specs about your system: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. Here is my system:

Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2 (22)

OSX El Capitan

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

32 GB memory

6-core Intel Xeon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem bro.but now,i can use the effect controls.it just you should click on your clip and then your effect controls are coming back at the first time.It easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm searching for a solution to this problem now on Dec 4, 2020. I have 4 monitors. I select my clip, click on the effect controls tab, and I cannot see the properties for the clip until I deselect the clip and then re-select the clip. It's a really irritating time waster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here wating with the same, its downtiming my work a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of premiere are you using?  there were many reports of issues with multiple monitors a few months ago.  You might do some searching here...   Try reducing the number of monitors...  I'm sure working with 4 monitors kicks butt... but maybe you're pushing the envelope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?  I have this same problem. I'm constantly having to re-select an item on the timeline to see the Effect Controls. Very frustrating. I also use multiple monitors.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. PP 2023. After using FX controls, PP claims there's no clip selected, although it clearly is selected in the timeline
Furthermore, whenever I even use dual screen, the playhead stops moving (though the content is being played back) until I reset my workspace. Unusable.

Win 10, Dual Xeon, 128 GB & Quadro M5000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a practical matter, the Program monitor, ECP, and timeline should probably (most of the time) be on the same panel group as the main Premiere menu system ... or Premiere can get cranky. (Not my favorite behavior ... )

And that, preferably, is on the screen that the OS sees as your 'main' screen.

I have wanted Premiere to get a modern treatment for YEARS, recognizing monitors as such. But it seems that ALL multiple monitor stuff is set by pixel coordinates from the top left pixel of the 'home' UI monitor.

So Premiere isn't setting up something on the second monitor. It's setting up something that, depending on whether your #2 screen is set "above", "below", "left", or "right" of the main screen in the UI/OS, will be located by pixel coordinates.

So it's not putting something on screen 2, it's putting it perhaps "1080 x 0 pixels from Pixel 1/1".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What DOES apparently work is putting the entire program panel on the 2nd screen. Since I'm still in the stone age (or rather: mostly doing 3D work), I only work with FHD monitors, so the screen estate is rather small like that. But I guess it's like the ever-occurring "delete preferences" for every single problem, or much trickier even, to get something to work that apparently is still stuck in a decades old pit of non-resolved issues.
I thought a Quadro Card and 128 GB Ram and Xeon CPUs would eliminate most Adobe excuses, but apparently not so much. Well..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines