• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relinked clips do not stay relinked

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved my media to another drive to consolodate projects.  When I open the project, I relinked all the clips to the new drive.  It worked fine.  However, when I later return to the project, I have to relink all the clips again.  I have to do this everytime I open the project.  Why doesn't Premiere remember the last location of the file?  Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking... do you save it after relinking?

BTW: Make sure you have copies of the project before and after the relinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  And Yes.  I always save, and I have several copies of the project on differend drives for backup.  

I just moved everything off of a drive that was going bad, so I had to relink everything again.  Holding my breath, I saved and closed the project and reopened it.  Most of the media stayed relinked, but the same files that were problematic before again did not relink.  Fortunately, I have replaced most of the problematic media with new sources, but it still seems strange that they will not stay relinked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you load the project. If you recreate the drive / folders like they were, then the files would already be linked and you wouldn't get the dialog. Are you putting in a new drive in place of the one going bad? If so, you name the folders the same as before, setup in the same as before, you shouldn't need to relink. 

Also, do all the files have distinct names, no duplicate names? If not, that definitely adds to the difficulty relinking. But you should get the files linked up before you change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines