• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling issue in Premiere 14.4

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a major project for the last year where I am using several types and sizes of footage in the same timelines. All the way until today I have been able to scale all the footage as needed from 1% all the way up to many hundrreds of percent. Today, when I scale below 50% the footage "snaps" to a different scaling for the horizontal ad the vertical and makes the formerly 16:9 footage into 1:1, compressing the horizontal dimention at 49.9% or less and then expanding back to normal when I scale above 50%. 

Here is a video example of what I am talking about: 

https://vimeo.com/459757126/55adfd0043

I need to know what I can do about this. I have been working on this project for a long time and have never had an issue until today. I need to get back to work.I'f theres a downgrade that will get me working again I would prefer it. I just don't know how to do that on Mac. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you render the clip does that still happen? Just wondering if that's a playback glitch versus something that would make it into the export.

But also, yes, you can roll back to a previous version of Premiere via Creative Cloud. 

OtherVersions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening on other pictures also? Perhaps try it as a png? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and it is happening with other footage in various formats as well. Basically, if you scale anything to below 50% it changes the aspect ratio and snaps to the new one live. It happens after render as well so it's baked in. I did downgrade back to v14.3.2 and the issue is gone, so it's in the 14.4 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got back to work. I can't duplicate it here on Win10 v2004, PP14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may ave to do with the project I'm working in. The majority of the sequences are in 960 X 720 and have non-square pixels. The thing that was frustrating was that all of the previous versions of PP would not be bothered by the mismatch and just managed it all very well. Something must have been dropped in the code that allowed this to occur. I just want to make sure the issue gets fixed in future releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting here isn't the best way... make sure you report this on UserVoice. That's the official place for bug reports, and every one gets read and investigated by engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue on Mac - relaunching it doesn't help 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue happening on video footage on a new project.

Does someone have found a work around ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not tested the latest releases. See this thread, which contains a description of the bug and some workarounds.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/aspect-ratio-bug/td-p/11481988?page=1

Software only rendering was one workaround.

This is the uservoice report. Can anyone indicate whether this has been fixed?
https://adobe-video.us...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines