• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious Performance Issues with Premiere Pro (14.0)

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm finally reaching out to this community as surely someone else must experience similar performance issues as me with Premiere? I don't want to give up on Adobe, but it has just came to a point where their products are complely unusable.

Long story short, premiere struggles BIG time with even displaying a fluid timeline, with no effects, scaling - NOTHING applied.

The crazy part is that I just tried a AMD 5700 XT card instead of my GTX 1070 - and it's no difference at all.. 

CPU 100% and GPU 0%
My spec

• i7 @ 3.8ghz
  • 32 GB DD4 Ram
  • SSD 
  • Nvidia 1070 (tried AMD XT 5700)

I also tried wiping windows 10, fresh install with only Premiere installed

Anyone has any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have exactly the same problem .. with i9 9900 gtx 2080ti and 64gb ddr4. the play in the timeline has become really frustrating. This did not happen with the 2019. I have the same cams and therefore the same movies as last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it by getting myself a decent desktop PC. Rendering is 10-15 times faster than on my twice as expensive Macbook pro and 5cam multiview runs effortlessly.

Adobe, Apple, Canon - some of them probably hate each other over some secret deal issue. Ridiculous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ..microsoft ..sony .. the thing I have left is adobe ahahahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine runs just fine... my brother always complained that the pin-ball machine knew when he was playing... could your copy of PP perhaps... 🙂 (ha,ha)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right, I have downgraded to version 14.04 and it works great. Play in smooth timeline as before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nath... did you ever work this issue out? I am experiencing the same thing...lag on basic playback. This started since i upgraded to Mojave (though i may have upgraded PP around the same time). I have created proxies in four different and smaller and smaller formats (H.264, cineform QT, etc etc)... same issue. If i quit PP and restart it works for five minutes then same deal. Please tell me you found a fix. ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CWM,

He did. It was related to scaling on his monitor. Not really a Premiere Pro issue. Link is here.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious about this as well. I bought PP only a few months ago and it seems CRAZY to me that my 1080p, low bitrate footage stutters during playback before I even add any effects. I have a Ryzen 9 3050x, 32gb of Ram, a 2tb M.2 SSD and a RTX 2080ti. I have purused all the basic suggestions such as making sure Mercury CUDA is being used and other sequence settings matching my sources. 

I'm going to try proxies bext, but it seems insane to have to utilze proxies for footage that isbt even 2k, let alone 4k. By some of the replies hear, it might not even work?! 

To everyone else that has posted here already, I might still be learning, but I'd be pretty PO'd too if anyone so much as suggested that its my "machines fault."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*3950x, sorry. Darn big fat thumbs.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tobiq,

It would be great if you could return to this discussion and let us know if you're still having trouble. Hardware decoding harnessing your GPU now exists since your original post. Has that boosted performance? Please let us know.

For others having the same trouble, please create your own thread rather than adding onto this one. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines