• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still image color distortion

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i import an image to Premiere Pro CC the colors get distorted, mainly the highligt and shadow areas. I capture my photos in RAW and then i edit them in Camera Raw (Photoshop). I save the photos as jpeg's and then import them into a project in Premiere Pro. When i do that this happends (SEE PICTURE). Exporting the file dosen't help either, the problem remains.

What is this ?!?!

Skärmklipp.PNG 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good going on posting the raw thing. I have a quick question, and then I'm gonna say what happened with ME just so other people can know that later on. So good going.

Question: DID you ever try putting the raw image in question directly INTO Premiere pro ??  BEFORE doing stuff in photoshop ????

Thanks.

What happened to me. I downloaded raw image and put it into both resolve source material folder and desktop ( on junk laptop ).

I then downloaded and installed the sony raw file codec for that for WINDOWS 10 ( win 10 is latest, updated automatically thanks to stupid Microsoft ).

I opened a CS6 photoshop and couldn't open the file.

I opened a project in CS6 PPro and couldn't even SEE the filename listed in my directory or desktop.

I opened a project in Resolve and couldn't even SEE the filename listed in my directory or desktop.

I put it into media info and got nothin basically ( junk info )

I double clicked on the image on desktop and some PC windows photo 'viewer' opened and showed me the image. I looks like I'd expect it to... bright sun, much darker foreground. Nice shot. Bold ....is hard to shoot into sun.

Then I right clicked on the desktop thumbnail of image and chose 'properties' and got TONS OF INFO... dimensions, PPI, all sorts of cool info.

But I'm out of this as far as helping goes cause I can't open ( or even SEE ) the filename in PPro or Resolve.

🙂

good luck !!!    Hope you didn't meet any mean polar bears when taking that shot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On reflection,  I'm thinking that if you put it into YOUR photoshop version, and make sure your color space is sRGB ( rec 709 if you have that option ,, video ) , and save as a PSD ( without ANY adjustments in photoshop ) what does that look like when you put it into PPRO ???

You can do your contrast and levels ( luma values ) using Lumetri.

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post complete comp specs.

Update or rollback video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and what I did to fix it was edit the white point on the original photo file. I dropped the contrast a bit too and that immediatley fixed the image distortion problem in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines