Highlighted

Subtitle issue: imported srt captions out of sync (1000 frames per second!)

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import SRT caption files into Premiere Pro CC 2017 and it seemed to be okay at first - I dragged the .SRT subtitle file into the project window, all fine so far. Then I dragged the caption (media) from the project window into the timeline, it seems okay... wait, why is it 10 minutes shorter than it should be? And why is the text so tiny? Double-checking the original file in Windows notepad, the last caption in the SRT file is at 1hr 16m 53s, but when imported into the sequence, it has been squished to 1hr 7min - so it's nearly 10 mins out of sync by the end of the sequence.

I checked the project window and noticed the frame rate is set at 1000 fps! and the video resolution is 720x480.

Any knowledge how to adjust the default import settings for captions? Any other ideas to solve this issue?

My setup:

Asus laptop, windows 10

Intel i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M

Thank you,

Charlie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Subtitle issue: imported srt captions out of sync (1000 frames per second!)

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import SRT caption files into Premiere Pro CC 2017 and it seemed to be okay at first - I dragged the .SRT subtitle file into the project window, all fine so far. Then I dragged the caption (media) from the project window into the timeline, it seems okay... wait, why is it 10 minutes shorter than it should be? And why is the text so tiny? Double-checking the original file in Windows notepad, the last caption in the SRT file is at 1hr 16m 53s, but when imported into the sequence, it has been squished to 1hr 7min - so it's nearly 10 mins out of sync by the end of the sequence.

I checked the project window and noticed the frame rate is set at 1000 fps! and the video resolution is 720x480.

Any knowledge how to adjust the default import settings for captions? Any other ideas to solve this issue?

My setup:

Asus laptop, windows 10

Intel i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M

Thank you,

Charlie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 16, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issues and it's the end of 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cklewis, what version of PR are you using?

I think this was resolved. If not, there is now an Import Settings button in the Caption Panel that allows you to specify the settings.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not fully solve the problem but you have to sync the first caption. I can see from your video that your first Subtitle starts at 00:05:07,xxx. So when you drop the caption into the timeline you have to start it at that time code not at 00:00:00

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2018 1