Text background not centered on text box

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often add text over images to my videos and usually will add a translucent background to the text with a padding of maybe 15 or 20. I've been doing this for 2-3 years without any issues.

I'm using the text creation tool. (Not the captioning tool.)

Today, when I added my background and padding I noticed that there was more padding on the right side of the text than there was on the left side of the text. If I turn the padding to 0 (zero) there is still padding on the right side, even though the text on the left is directly against the edge. 

When the text box is selected it's clear that the padding is not properly centered.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 2.51.51 PM.png

Is this a known issue? Is this a new issue?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select text and shape and use the align tool to centre.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you elaborate? I'm creating the text background using the text tool's Appearance settings. I wasn't aware Premiere had alignment tools. How do I select the background and the source text? They seem to be the same object.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 5.46.20 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines