• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The newer update is planned obsolescence shame on you adobe

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the same apple imac pro gh5 on 4k 60p multi cam sequnced for the last 3 years no problems at all.  After the new update for premier it is incredibly slower, drops audio non stop, freezes, makes other apps especially graphical slow down and it takes much longer to render anything.  I feel like there is somehting up here adobe.  This is a huge step backwords, whatever corners you have decided to cut are crucial please fix this in your next update or me and many others are going to switch to a program that does what it promises without backward step updates like adobe.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first started with computers in our business back in about 1988, about the first time Windows was actually available, and totally DOS based. I remember what a HUGE update it was going to Win3.11. Our first computer was awesome ... we paid extra for the RAM so it had a full Megabyte of RAM, woa ... that was massive back then.

But when we paid extra for the 40 megabyte hard drive, our friends all laughed in derision. Who is EVER going to need that much storage space?

I don't know how many computers we've gone through over the years. At one point, we had five stations with computers going full tilt. Then we had six ... then seven. Our business has shrunk over the last decade, so we're down to only four desktops and a couple laptops.

My three-year-old 6-core/32GB RAM with a 1060 is simply not up to working with the media and apps I now use. So I've got a custom Puget Systems rig sitting here ... 24 core Ryzen, 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti, and two 2-GB Nvme drives on the mobo in addition to the SSD drive for OS. I'll have six other drives internally, most SSD.

And when I can get a couple days clear, I'll transfer to that beast.

That has been the story of working in a computer world. The beat goes on. As new hardware comes out, the OS/system people and software people have to retool for the new gear. As gear becomes old, maintaining the code requires completely recoding the app for muliple generations of gear. This will result in instability and bugs, and makes keeping the software stable more and more difficult.

So ... "Adobe" can't stop Time. They can't stop computer advances. And neither can we as users. It's simply the way computer work ... works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback I have also been using computers for a very long time however I think you are missing my point if any.  If I've used the same program for years and it works fine then why upgrade?  Since Adobe has switch to a subscription service it automatically updates.  When I was using cs4 or cs6 it worked fine no random updates every month that slowed workflow.  I'm disappointed that this slowdown happens to coincide with the release of the new Apple processors.  Apple has admitted in court that there updates purposely slow down older phones to encourage users to buy new ones.  I feel like the same is happening here with the computers.  If the hardware and files haven't changed the only thing that has changed is the software then buy troubleshooting I would deduct that the software is the issue.  So my point is why is Adobe scripting there software to run slower?  Seems very rude and honestly makes me want to switch to a program that uses all of the cores in computer not just the one Adobe codes to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are code changes for newer gear going on, as the development team is going through the app and especially replacing the more ancient parts of the code along with keeping up with changes that both Apple and Microsoft require them to do.

That all added together means the apps really need newer type hardware to run well. Yea, it's a pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone with those feelings and plenty of people have voiced the same concerns, frustrations and with many of them outright furious. I think it makes sense as now with a subscription service you end up tied into a piece of software that won't stay at it's current version that works on your computer and the new version won't work!It's good to vent here and makes sense to search for an alternative that will work on your computer if you can't downgrade the version you have now (which you usually can go back a few versions). I watch these forums a lot and almost never update Premiere right away unless I'm blindly clicking things like a zombie or something. Most of the time the updates don't work right in some way or another and renders projects dead and unworkable... I've experienced that once and never updated within 2 versions of the latest ever again. Essentially being aware of the "quirks" of the software is the message here. Watch as Adobe puts the public through the beta process for a version and then they update again hopefully fixing all those beta bug reports from the public. No idea why it's only the Premiere team that does it.. I don't see this stuff on the other forums, but such as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Adobe must adapt to the changes. Otherwise, as time goes by, the newest versions of its software might not run properly or at all on newer computers if they were to maintain compatibility with older gear. Had it chosen to maintain compatibilty, the software might very well bloat out to terabytes or even petabytes (disk-space-wise) rather than just gigabytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe has switch to a subscription service it automatically updates.

You can choose a setting in the CC App not to update apps automaticlly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. I have mine set to only auto-update the Creative Cloud desktop interface app, and notify but not automatically update the individual apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and you can keep older versions on your system, although adobe at this point only allows you to install 2019, nothing earlier.  I've still got 2017 and 18 on my system... although haven't opened them in years.  And because you're on a mac, you have the ability to clone your startup drive so if you're startup drive fails, you still have access to the earlier versions...  of course, adobe's not alone in this stuff.  you buy a new mac and you can't install an earlier os, so you're kind of screwed if you need to run a piece of software that won't run in the current os.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines