• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried exporting XML and it only gets as far as "simplifying project". 3 clips perpetually loading

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a project that I am trying to export into XML. I have done this several times before recently, and haven't changed anything in my workflow, but with this specific sequence, premiere says there are still 3 files remaining to load in the media browser, but only names specificly one of them. I tried deleting that specific clip that it names, but then it still says there are 3 clips remaining and just specifies another clip. Everything works fine, I can edit, play and manipulate all the footage, including the one it says it is still loading, but when it comes to exporting it as an XML, which I need as a deliverable, the window that says "simplifying project" pops up and then nothing else happens. That window disappears and I cannot proceed. I have tried deleting my preferences, deleting the media cache, and even copying the sequence into a new project, although when trying that, it says the sequence, or some files within it might be damaged. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any "illegal" characters in the footage names? Like / & < > : ' etc? See a list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all characters used are allowed. Funnily enough, I opened the project in premiere in a windows (originally edited on mac) and it worked fine... Not sure why it was having trouble on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working. 👊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem and can't figure it out.  I'm on a Mac so maybe that is the issue.  No illegal characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines