• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trimming and crashing

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is going backwards in reliability. I wish adobe would stop trying to add new features and just concentrate on making the software stable. It crashes about 10 times a day now - usually trimming or just playing back a sequence.

I have been using Premiere for about 5 years and am seriously considering going to another editor.

Fix it Adobe !!!! 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are just ranting that is fine but I will move the post to the Video Lounge.

If you want help: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They've done a heck of a job of rooting out many of the bugs that have plagued this app for years. It's running better and more stable on a higher percentage of the user base than ever. Which is fine for those users.

For some users, it's still problematic. And also, part of the work of updating performance/stability has involved limiting the gear that it works on to include less of the older gear, so some users with older gear are getting worse performance. And even on some newer rigs, the performance is crappy.

Post your full hardware/media details. We can see if something there is wonky in the way Premiere behaves, or if it's just not suited for your gear.

And ... as always ... any NLE is a tool. A fancy hammer. Use the hammer that works for your needs. I am a contributing author on a pro colorist's subscription teaching site, and they have a whole list of issues with perfomance or UI in Resolve. On the LGG forum, there's a LONG list of changes, bugs, and UI things the users want in the next Resolve version.

The same is true for Avid.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines