Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Export with Opacity Blend Mode Screen

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to render a video file with an VHS static effect. I've downloaded a VHS overlay video file. I placed it above the original video file and set the Blend Mode under Opacity to Screen. While playing the video in Premiere Pro this has the desired effect of making the footage have the old VHS static / fuzz. However when I export it (have tried a number of different formats. I'm trying to render it as HQ as possible) the overlay is black and the original file isn't coming through - only the VHS overlay with it's original black background). 

Has anyone experience this? Am I doing something wrong with the export file type or is it in the opacity formatting? Would love some advice. Images below

Essentially trying to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8LToMPHWCs but it's not exporting. The overlay remains black and the distortion does not sit on the original video file which I want it to... if that makes sense

Update: It seems to be a problem with the original video file which is . MOV

When I export it the video exports to black, with the audio intact. 

UPDATE: solved it. Went to Project Settings, and set Mercury Acceleration to 'software only' 

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 21.11.13.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 21.12.28.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 21.48.51.png

   

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: solved it. Went to Project Settings, and set Mercury Acceleration to 'software only'

Its not realy a solution: it means there is an issue with your gpu card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for pointing that out. Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines