• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Speed/Duration

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Speed/Duration" button is disabled for all of my clips. It also doesn't work in Clip > Speed/Duration or CTRL + R. There's an effect on each of the clips called "Time Remapping" with an invisible keyframe, when the keyframes are disabled, it just extends to the full length of the clip. Any ideas?

381560ee253348197c81acb4999fc3bf

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to 14..4 as a time remapping bug was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already on 14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update/Edit: I think the error may be caused because I started the edit in Premiere Rush and imported it into Premiere Pro while the video was sped up. Now it's in Premiere and the clips are locked at 150% speed and I can't revert them. Trying to place a marker and find the timestamps in another sequence with the same source also doesn't work, because the source and clips are apparently time-offset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can import offending clips under a different name and replace on timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

time remapping is another way to control the speed of your clip with more precision than speed/duration. One allows a gradual increase in speed (time remapping) and the other controls the speed for the entire clip.

You should still have access to Speed/Duration with Time Remapping. But as a test you can duplicate the clip, remove time remapping and then try speed/duration. If not try restarting Premiere whild holding down Option+Shift  (alt+shift on PC) to clear preferences

Hope that helps,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the "speed/duration" is what im talking about. i've already tried all of that and none of it has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be a limitation with Rush to Premiere.

Edit: tested importing a rush project: no speed on timeremapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines