Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsharp mask destroying my effects

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am stuck with a really annoying problem. I really need to use unsharp mask to make my footage crispier, but unfortunately it comes with a hefty price.

I have unsharp mask applied on an adjustment layer on top of my clips. If I want to use fade to black transition, the unsharp mask fades it to white and overexposes the clip. I read about this from another discussion, so I think I am not the only one facing this issue.

The second issue unsharp mask causes is destroying my clips with transition presets applied. I am using these presets from Chung Dha (http://www.chungdha.nl/?p=4699.) These presets use mirror, offset and replicate-effects to achieve the wanted look. For example, I used a swish pan transition and unsharp mask caused it to look mirrored instead of being a smooth transition. It is very odd as these presets are only using the stock effects from Premiere CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Try adding a black video on the bottom timeline (below all the clips where you experience problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it look like if you put the Unsharpen mask direct on the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

It causes the same problem whtether I use an adjustment layer or not.

It is supposed to swipe the previous clip to left, add a motion blur and move the next clip to the center from the right. Instead, it does this:

http://gph.is/2zXeRmi

I think the unsharp mask corrupted the whole clip as now this same error occurs even without the unsharp mask.

I found out that if I disable the unsharp mask from the adjustment layer, the error is still occuring. Instead, I need to disable the whole video layer and then the transition looks normal. So maybe this has something to do with adjustment layers too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding a black video on the bottom timeline (below all the clips where you experience problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines