• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unsupported intel 620 video driver issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with an HP Envy Convertible PC, Intel Core i17, 7th Generation.

When working with Adobe Premiere Pro, 2020, I get the following system compatibility report:

Video Intel (R) HD Graphics 620

Unsupported video driver and there is a "FIX" button

Below the report and button it states:

"If you continue with known issues, you may experience performance degradation, instability, and data loss."

Then there is a button, “Export report” and the words, Continue with known issues.

If I try the “FIX” button it temporarily resolves the issue and then I get the screen again.

How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying the driver is obsolete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry silly question but could I just continue with an old version of premier pro to get around the driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the version and operating system are old enough, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, were you able to find a version that works with the Intel Graphics 620? Appreciate it if you could share it here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what happens if you bought a big-brand-name consumer-level PC from a company that either fails or refuses to provide an updated driver on its Web site. I know this for a fact: They simply cut off all support for anything that's more than about 18 months old even though the hardware itself is still under mainstream support from the individual component manufacturers. (In this case, the most recent HP-certified Intel driver for its Kaby Lake laptops is version 24.20.100.6025 - well below the version that Premiere Pro 2020 now expects.) And any attempt to update the Intel driver to a newer version than your currently installed one will fail with the error message which reads something like "This driver has not been validated for your computer. Please obtain the updated driver directly from the system OEM."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenovo has updated their drivers as of June 2020 and Premiere still doesn't work.  The irony is that media encoder seems to work fine.  But somehow Premiere totally fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guess what? The June 2020 Intel drivers suffer from all sorts of issues in Premiere Pro. Those Lenovo drivers are based on the 27.20.100.8336 drivers that have known issues in Premiere Pro. Adobe suggested that you update to 27.20.100.8476 or higher, which Lenovo either failed or refused to make available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a similar issue and no fixes are working. i recently purchased a DELL Inspiron 5570. It has an Intel HD 620 graphics card. same error as the other user with an nvidia graphics card. i downloaded other versions and my computer is not compatible, which is odd b/c I am downloading straight from Intel. All I am wanting to do is start learning After Effects but man it seems to me an impossible goal, I appreciate any help you can lend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all because big-name companies all too often use customized versions of the Intel drivers - and in the case of that Dell, the most recent version that's available is version 26.20.100.6859 - definitely older than the 26.20.100.7200 or higher that Premiere Pro 2020 now expects.

And any attempt to install drivers downloaded directly from Intel will result in an error message and failure to update or install. That complicates updating greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines