• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Elements to Pro

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Elements 2019 for the past couple of years...and am about to upgrade to Premiere Pro. I have a couple of questions regarding the transition:
1) Does it matter if I uninstall Elements....before or after I install Premiere Pro?
2) Once I've unintalled Elements and installed Pro, will I still be able to access and use all of my older Elements content?

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - completely separate programs, you do not NEED to uninstall Elements

2 - what do you mean by content?

Your video/sound/picture files are independent of the program you use for editing

As far as I know, things that are internal to the programs, such as transitions or special effects, do NOT work across programs

I do not know if you will be able to open&convert an Elements project into a PPro project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can sometimes convert a Premiere Elements project by opening in Premiere Pro, but any effects or transitions not present in Premiere Pro won't be in the project.

If you try that, make a copy of the project file and open the copy in case it corrupts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines