Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VR/360 Zoom out FOV

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is an issue that I can see multiple people query across the web and yet there doesn't seem to be a solution I can find.

I have VR/360 footage.

I would like to 'zoom out' or change the FOV so that it improves how much a user can see in a single field, while still being in 360.

I know this is easy to achieve in 2D, but once in 360 mode - adjusting FOV just breaks the sphere.

Is this yet possible in Premiere?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering this still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Scott5C9B have you tried the GoPro VR Reframe effects for Premiere? If I remember correctly it has a FOV setting. But I think you need to use it in conjunction with the Premiere VR effects too maybe? Sorry I can't remember better.

I kind of solved it but by playing with the FOV you do get an issue with the horizon not being straight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoPro reframe works great when I want to reframe, but I want to upload the actual 360 video. not a reframed version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It's Jan 2022, I as well am trying to do the same thing, and haven't figured out a solution yet either. If anybody else is seeing this, currently you're at a dead end. BUT, let the community know the month and year you checked so we can all keep track to see if anybody's missed a new feature that allows for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right with you my friend, I cannot get an answer to this anywhere! If I can change the FOV on the viewer why can't I change it on the output film??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out! I posted the answer in as a separate reply but tl;dr - using VR Projection effect in premiere, you can manually set the Input Horizontal & Vertical FOV values and set those lower to "zoom out." Check the full reply-post for more details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SOLVED IT. HERE IS THE ANSWER... with a caveat: This works best for 180 footage. I'll explain why 360 is wonky later, but here we go:

With your 180 footage, go ahead and create a Premiere sequence that's 180x180 (mono/stereo depending on the type of capture you have). Drop in your 180 footage and in the Effects, apply VR Projection to the 180 footage.

In the VR Projection effects controls, uncheck "Input Auto VR Properties" and set the input manually. Mine is Stereoscopic 180x180 so mine looks like this:

KuyaQuatro_0-1647631913756.png

FROM HERE, if you want to "zoom out," simply decrease both Input Horizontal FOV and Input Vertical FOV. So if I wanted to zoom out by say, 83%, I'd set both those FOV values to 150°. AND THERE WE GO.

CAVEAT FOR 360:

You technically can do the same trick, but what happens when you do is you're shrinking the video content within a 360 sphere. So say you wanted the 360 view to zoom-out by 50%, so Input Horizontal will go from 360° to 180°, and Input Vertical will go from 180° to 90°. you will now have zoomed out by 50%, great, but then you have a ton of blank, black space all around you. So... proceed with caution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines